Designs and implements database solutions for application development teams. Monitors and tunes databases. Implements database backup and restore procedures. Supports ad hoc data query and reporting requirements.
- Designs and implements databases for applications development teams
- Monitors and tunes databases for optimal performance.
- Implements database integration and ETL support
- Implements and monitors database backups and restores
- Works with end users for database query design and support
- Provides solutions which are reliable, scalable, and performs at a high-level to meet the service levels associated with mission-critical, web-based solutions that service large volumes of concurrent users.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies, philosophies, and techniques for data administration.
- Helps evaluate new application proposals to determine feasibility and to identify the potential for sharing existing data.
- Provides effective, routine stakeholder communications throughout the course of assigned projects.
- Proposes and initiates process improvements that enhance departmental practices and effectiveness.
- Must accomplish training and serve as a Green Belt in support of Empire's Six Sigma program.
- Work within and promotes corporate values.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal/communications skills sufficient to professionally work with people and provide customer support.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with project stakeholders and other team members.
- Ability to understand the key objectives and critical success factors of assigned projects.
- Experience and skills using a structured software development methodology.
- Ability to establish and contribute to a climate of openness, trust and support by embracing EMPIRE Values.
- Ability to maintain consistent attendance.
Education and Experience:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent working experience.
- 3+ years MS SQL Server 2012/2014/2016 database administration experience required.
- Working experience with MS SQL Server Service Broker, Integration Services, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services.
- Strong experience in monitoring and tuning MS SQL Server databases for optimal performance.
- Working experience with database backup, restore and recovery.
- Working experience with MS Azure deployments.
- Working experience with MS data replication.
- Strong analytic, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to organize and plan work independently.
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and switch effectively between different activities and teams.
Job Type: Full-time