This non-exempt position works under the supervision of the Chief Financial Officer; performs bi-weekly payroll and accounts payable processes; ensures that all purchases are in accordance with PCA policies; and provides internal and external customer service consistent with PCA’s goal of excellence and professionalism.
- Processes bi-weekly payroll, including proper application of garnishments and deductions, EFTs, internal and external reports, and maintains payroll files.
- Prepares all monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll tax reports, W2s, and 1099s.
- Tracks credits and refunds owed to PCA and ensures each are received within 30 days of identifying, as it is within your control.
- Reviews purchase orders to ensure proper routing and approval, reviews invoices to ensure proper fees and calculations, performs data entry of accounts payable, prints AP checks as approved by CFO, prepares AP checks and related stubs for mailing, and maintains filing system for all accounts payable records.
- Seeks to understand all rules surrounding payroll taxes and deductions; ensures each are paid as described by PCA and IRS policy so that late fees and penalties are not incurred; and works with Staff Accountant and CFO to understand any new or confusing calculation or process.
- Maintains the appropriate information needed to prepare 1099s and sales and use tax quarterly reporting, reviewing the completed reports and unclaimed property reporting.
- Files, copies, fax and distribute reports as directed.
- Reviews office supply and form purchases for all clinics as submitted by Admin Support Specialist (Receptionist), ensuring that we are, neither, over ordering or running out of critical supplies.
- Monitors cell phone and pager usage and makes recommendations for plan changes.
- Assists Staff Accountant and CFO on special projects, as needed.
- Serve as back-up to Staff Accountant on any processes not deemed as violating appropriate separation of duties.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of secretarial practices and procedures. * Knowledge of bookkeeping practices and principles.
- Ability to type accurately and use a 10-key calculator by touch. * Ability to operate various standard office machines.
- Ability to make arithmetic computations accurately.
- Ability to detect and correct errors.
- Ability to maintain effective filing system.
- Ability to follow specific instructions and procedures.
- Skill in the accurate operation of the computer terminal.
- Knowledge of accounts payable and payroll procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with supervisors and other employees.
- High School graduate (or equivalent). Associates Degree preferred.
- Minimum 3 years of data entry, bookkeeping, payroll, office skills and equipment.
- Experience may be substituted in lieu of training.
- Criminal background check is required every 5 years.
- TB test and drug screening test required.
Professional Counseling Associates (PCA) is a non-profit Mental Health Community Services provider whose goal is to put our clients’ needs first and provide the highest standard of service in everything we do. We offer competitive salaries and pay 100% of employee’s health and dental benefits, and life insurance. Additional benefits are available at the employee’s expense, including long and short term disability, vision, health savings accounts, and various critical illness options. We also offer a 401k. PCA is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity workplace. To apply for an open position, please visit our Web site at pca-ar.org and submit via e-mail an application, resume' and cover letter to: Trudy Crain, Director of Human Resources. Thank you for your interest in PCA.
Job Type: Full-time