Chesapeake Medical Staffing has partnered with local schools to support their staffing needs for experienced Speech-Language Pathologists in Queen Anne's County.
Speech-Language Pathologist- Queen Anne's County
- Schedule: Mon-Fri 7.5 hours/day 8:30-4p
- Age group: 8-12
- In addition to student services: IEP, Evals, meetings, Ect.
- Start ASAP through the end of the school year, likely to be extended into next school year
- Pay $40-$42/hr
Skills and Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Speech-language Pathology.
- Valid state license or certification.
- Experience with certain conditions or working with specific age groups may be preferred.
- Strong understanding of speech-related conditions, causes, and treatments.
- Excellent coaching and verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with computers, especially patient and healthcare databases.
- Attentive and caring with the ability to develop individualized education plans (IEPs)
- Diagnosing, treating, and preventing speech, language, and swallowing disorders.
- Monitor patients' progress and adjust treatments accordingly.
- Evaluate hearing and speech/language test results and medical or background information to diagnose and plan treatment for speech, language, fluency, voice, and swallowing disorders.
- Administer hearing or speech/language evaluations, tests, or examinations to patients to collect information on type and degree of impairments, using written and oral tests and special instruments.
- Record information on the initial evaluation, treatment, progress, and discharge of clients.
- Develop and implement treatment plans for problems such as stuttering, delayed language, swallowing disorders, and inappropriate pitch or harsh voice problems, based on own assessments and recommendations of physicians, psychologists, and social workers.
- Responsible for performing tasks that are within the scope of his/her educational preparation, knowledge, and the policies of the facility requesting the services.
Chesapeake Medical Staffing (CMS) is a trusted healthcare staffing agency with more than 19 years’ experience serving the Mid-Atlantic region. Founded by nurses, with an original founder leading our clinical excellence today, CMS is focused on creating extraordinary experiences for our clinicians.
Chesapeake Medical Staffing is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $40.00 to $42.00 /hour
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance