REVOLVE is the virtual home for an unrivaled collection of over 700 of the world's most-coveted established and emerging brands in women's and men's designer apparel, shoes and accessories. REVOLVE provides the highest quality online and mobile shopping experience, serving the style-savvy consumer with impeccable customer service. Based in Los Angeles, REVOLVE’s aesthetic is deeply rooted in the Southern California lifestyle from which it was founded, where a savvy view of fashion and fun-loving attitude are infused into the entire REVOLVE customer experience. For more information please visit www.revolve.com.
At REVOLVE the most successful team members have a thirst and the creativity to make this the top e-commerce brand in the world. With a team of 800+ based out of Cerritos, California we are a dynamic bunch that are motivated by getting the company to the next level. It’s our goal to hire high-energy, diverse, bright, creative, and flexible individuals who thrive in a fast-paced work environment. In return, we promise to keep REVOLVE a company where inspired people will always thrive.
Some of the sweetest perks we offer aren’t in a typical benefit package like hefty discount on items we carry – as in 50% or more off retail prices, free weekly lunches, and pretty rad company parties.
To take a behind the scenes look at the REVOLVE “corporate” lifestyle check out our Instagram @REVOLVEcareers or #lifeatrevolve.
Are you ready to set the standard for Premium and Luxury online shopping?
Main purpose of the position:
This is a full-time and permanent position for a talented and motivated entry-level stylist with a strong eye for detail and exceptional fashion sense. Our goal is to product world class catalog images of the top brands in fashion to create the best possible shopping experience for our customers at REVOLVE. The Assistant E-Commerce Stylist works with multiple teams to ensure models are photo ready and ensure shoots are running smoothly.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Create inspiring looks for catalog photo shoots based on styling direction, brand knowledge and trends to showcase seasonal focuses and buy investment
- Responsible for keeping merchandise organized, dressing models in and timely and efficient manner in order to meet daily and weekly goals
- Follow a seasonal styling guide provided by styling manager to translate styling and beauty trends to e-commerce friendly looks
- Participate in evolving the styling point of view for REVOLVE.com
- Research and stay on top of current and emerging trends in fashion, retail, and accessories
- Assist Styling Manager to improve and elevate the E-Commerce styling
- Obtain approval from styling manager on all looks for upcoming photo shoots to ensure styling is brand/site appropriate
- Research new and current brands for styling inspiration
- Use techniques for styling and preparation of merchandise to minimize damages and reshoots
- Pre-style, organize and prep garments and accessories to ensure all items are photo ready prior to photo shoots
- Review styling notes before presenting looks to the styling manager
- Review view PO Images prior to photo shoot to ensure proper dressing and styling
- Submit any necessary pulls to ensure all necessary product is in-studio prior to photo shoot and prioritize high priorities
- Collaborate with shoot director and photographer to manage time and pacing on set, focusing on efficiency and meeting daily goals and minimizing reshoots
- Continue to improve styling skills and think of ways to improve current processes and best practices
- Care for all inventory and samples and notify team leads when merchandise is damaged or flawed
- Check in and out samples before and after photo shoots
- Organize properly all clothing racks before passing them to the appropriate teams
- Review OCs and ensure all product is shot correctly and up to REVOLVE’s standards
- Assist in locating and prioritizing merchandise work with styling team to make sure studios are always kept clean and organized
- Work with styling team and maintain the styling closet log up to date (removal of OOS & MD and add new product)
- Assist styling manager in the planning and on-set styling of monthly on-site features
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Basic understanding of the studio environment and ability to work with a team as well as independently
- Exceptional time management, organizational, and detail oriented skills
- Ability to work quickly, prioritize tasks and stay calm under pressure
- Ability to translate current trends and assist forecasting of upcoming trends
- Foresee and resolve issues using the appropriate resources
- Complete creative understanding of the REVOLVE customer
- Excellent communication skills
- Bachelors or Associates degree/equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Portfolio with some styling as a studio or styling assistant
- Prior experience styling for an e-commerce apparel company
A successful candidate works well in a dynamic environment with minimal supervision. At REVOLVE we all roll up our sleeves to pitch-in and do whatever it takes to get the job done. Each day is a little different, it’s what keeps us on our toes and excited to come to work every day.