- Why consider OPI, and why do people dig working here?
- A variety of consulting; new technologies, projects, and people on a regular basis.
- Stability; we’ve been around since 1996 and have a diverse mix of clients and technologies to keep us busy, very busy. And we keep a bench. If you’re not on a project, you’re writing software for our internal business functions or you’re learning new technologies. It’s for our benefit to make our consultants as marketable as possible. That’s good for your career.
- No politics or management; we don’t get in the way. Why sit in meetings all day when you can code and be productive?
- Awesome benefits; free healthcare for your entire family (yes, free), 24 days of PTO + 10 days of sick time, quarterly profit sharing bonuses, you get paid OT, company trips (to Mexico), 3 company lake cabins/homes, various quarterly company events, new Macbook Pro’s, free beer/soda, chips, candy, and so much more.
- You work with the best. Do an Object Partners search on LinkedIn and see the types of talent we hire. You truly get to work with intelligent, passionate engineers that share the same goal of building great software the right way.
- Low company overhead. It all means more money back into our consultant's pockets (profit sharing) or company trips and events to share in the financial success.
OPI does not sponsor/transfer H1B visas.
Only local candidates, please.
- 4+ years development experience in an enterprise level environment.
- JVM service frameworks such as Spring Boot, Grails, Vert.x, RxJava or Ratpack.
- Automated testing with tools such as Spock, JUnit, or Geb.
- JVM languages such as Java, Groovy, Scala or Clojure.
- Relational database technologies such as MySQL, Oracle or Postgres.
- NoSQL technologies such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch or Cassandra.
- Messaging technologies such as RabbitMQ, Kafka, ActiveMQ or Amazon SQS.
- Build tools such as Gradle, Maven or sbt.
- Cloud-based systems such as AWS, Google Compute Engine, Heroku, DigitalOcean, OpenStack or Rackspace.
- Passion for software development. Someone that loves what they do, that aren’t just in it for a paycheck. Do you have dev projects going on at home at all times?
- Aptitude for learning. New projects, new teams, new technologies mean having to adjust and learn all the time. You might get thrown on a Spring or mobile project as well, so having the ability to jump in and get your feet wet without hesitation is important. If you don’t want to grow and learn, we’re not a fit.
- Positive, can-do attitude. We can teach the technology, but we can’t teach how to approach client challenges with a positive, helpful demeanor. The best consultants aren’t the most technical (although that sure helps), it’s the consultant that will do whatever it takes to see a client be successful, no matter what they throw at you.
Job Type: Full-time
- Minneapolis–Saint Paul, MN