Copy and paste this URL in your browser to apply!: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=14120&clientkey=8A0A06162047AC441025953C7D250C27
A. Position Definition & Summary:
Provides leadership to Youth Specialists assigned to shift. Ensure that youth are supervised in accordance with all TrueCore Behavioral Solutions and Department of Juvenile Justice guidelines. Implements and coordinates behavioral management strategies for youth to ensure consistency and compliance to established schedule. Comply with all applicable standards related to PAR and interventions associated with milieu management. Ensures that all documentation to include shift logs and accountabilities are completed per policy. Reinforces established Code of Conduct and youth rights.
B. Position Expectations and Essential Functions:
- Supervises the therapeutic milieu on the unit, enforces the level system or other methods of behavior management
- Maintains resident, program, department and related documentation, ensuring that shift documentation is completed
- Orients new Youth Specialists to unit, program, and milieu through the implementation of an established training curriculum
- Carries out general nursing assistance necessary to treatment of residents as assigned and supervised by LPN to include medication administration
- Monitors Youth Specialists to ensure residents carry out activities of daily living, when congruent with the resident’ treatment plan and needs, age, and developmental level
- Ensures youth on level of supervision and other forms for security alert are monitored
- Supervises staff to ensure adherence to TrueCore Code of Conduct
- Maintains communication with supervisors and other department managers to ensure an effective treatment team system
- Records and documents all incidents per TrueCore and Department of Juvenile Justice standards
- Reviews all shift log book entries to ensure compliance
- Ensures accountability and supervision is maintained on units
- Maintains unit is in clean and orderly manner
- Works in conjunction with the Assistant Facility Administrator and/or Facility Administrator to managed assigned FTEs
- Provides leadership through role modeling and reinforcement of positive practices
- Ensures that incidents which warrant an occurrence report and CCC reporting are completed
- Follows established TrueCore Safety Program and ensures shift compliance with all related workers compensation issues
- Provides feedback and assistance related to employee selection and employee corrective actions
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
C. Position Requirements:
- Must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in Psychology, Criminology, Social Work or any other Human Services related field, at least two (2) years of previously related experience. Preferred minimum requirement of (1) year of supervisory experience OR have been in a Youth Specialist II position for a minimum of (1) year.
- Must be 21 years of age or older.
- Responsible for complying with time and attendance policies and all established Human Resource Policies. Must adhere to the Code of Conduct established by TrueCore. Performs other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Job Type: Full-time
- previously related: 2 years
- supervisory: 1 year
Required work authorization: