Works in collaboration with ESA team members to inform prospective students, parents, educators, employers of the Office of Enrollment and Student Advancement programs through written work in multiple media .
- Under minimal supervision, the Writer researches, creates, writes, edits and proofs a variety of communications for the Office of Enrollment and Student Advancement, including letters, emails, publications, and reports and ensures communications are in line with the University mission and consistent in the style required.
- Works complex assignments that are broad in nature, requiring significant originality, flexibility and ingenuity. May supervise, train and oversee the work of other staff and interns.
- Participates in workgroups and committees that support ESA communications strategies and tactics.
- May participate in the recruitment and review of prospective students.
- Travel may be necessary.
- Requires the ability to work nights and weekends.
- Knowledge of grammar, punctuation, spelling, and style required.
- Ability to fully investigate topics related to projects and assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Presentation skills required. - Interpersonal skills required.
- Editing and proofing skills required.
- Creativity required.
- Problem-solving skills required.
- Decision-making skills required.
- Project management skills required
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of initiative required.
- Attention to detail required.
- Organizational skills required.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, set priorities, and meet deadlines required.
- Ability to train others required.
- Ability to coordinate the work of others required.
- Interviewing skills preferred.
- Knowledge of desktop publishing, Web authoring/design and graphic design software preferred.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- A minimum of two years of relevant experience required. Experience in undergraduate admissions preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, especially Word and PowerPoint required.
- Cover Letter
- Writing Sample
NOTE: When applying, all required documents MUST be uploaded under the Resume/CV section of the application
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before