At Surna, we are passionate about providing world class systems and customer service. Our team is looking for a Procurement and Inventory Lead that exemplifies our high standards.
The Material Manager is responsible for the purchasing and inventory control functions.
- Interfaces with project management on the planning and forecasting of customer orders to meet shipments.
- Coordinates with production scheduling on all material flow planning to meet production schedules and customer requirements.
- Controls inventory tracking and management.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met while adhering to approved budgets.
- Responsible for regular tracking and reporting requirements for purchasing and inventory.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Liaise with sales and Project Management (PM) and translate sales forecasts and PM schedules into material acquisition activities and floor assembly plans for a 3-month planning horizon
- Responsible for all equipment, raw material, and manufacturing supply procurement
- Provide lead times for PMs based on current supply chain within a 4 hour window
- Manage vendor sourcing, negotiation and material procurement
- Ensure all purchases are documented and authorized by accounting and leadership
- Ensure that purchases are managed within the cash flow capability and target of the company
- Manage the current material forecasting and tracking system/tools
- Work with suppliers of goods and services to introduce Service Level Agreements
- Responsible for all material receiving and inventory management
- Organize and supervise the shipping and receiving of all materials ensuring efficient release of orders to customers
- Manage records and inventory process of all stock and inventory
- Participate in the development of new processes and tools as required
- Participate in implementation of future ERP system
- Drive transactional excellence in utilizing the ERP system for material procurement and inventory activities
- Responsible for regular cash forecasts for all supplied and assembled equipment
- Produce data and reports to manage KPIs including supplier spend, on time delivery and pricing
- Report inventory levels and supplier performance metrics as requested
- Collaborate with PM supplying assessment reports of availability, price, alternative solutions, etc. as needed to meet customer requirements
- Responsible for maintaining the price and cost lists for all supplied and assembled equipment
- Work with internal teams to create bill of materials for all assembled and sourced equipment
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, preferably in supply chain management or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in purchasing, inventory, warehouse management, supply chain planning and/or related activity
- Experience with ERP, MRP or inventory management systems
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Effective communication and management skills
- Ability to translate data into useful trends and information to identify and drive opportunities to improve business results
- Experience developing systems/tools where they are needed and do not currently exist
- Strong computer skills with strong proficiency in Excel
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Local candidates preferred. Company will not pay for relocation.
- Knowledge of HVAC systems and related equipment
- Project Management / budget control capabilities
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing principals
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Inventory: 3 years
- purchasing: 3 years