Big Brothers Big Sisters of NYC seeks a resourceful and ambitious Community Outreach Coordinator to expand its reach and better serve the community through mentoring. Overall responsibility of the Community Outreach Coordinator is to build and maintain strategic community partnerships to help with the overall growth of the organization. Specifically working closely with Volunteer Recruitment and Program staff to expand community partnerships with a focus on recruitment of mentors and mentees.
Bachelor's Degree in Human Services or Business Development.
Public Speaking, management, organizational, and leadership Skills. Knowledge of mentoring in NYC. Experience working with volunteers.
Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Deadline and detail-oriented
- Willing to travel locally and work some weekends with a flexible schedule.
- Manage, grow and develop partnerships: Develop a volunteer recruitment strategy tailored to targeted NYC neighborhoods.
- Application Generation: Implement a strategic plan to engage individuals interested in becoming a mentor and provide support during their process.
- Attend events including fairs, community board and neighborhood meetings.
- Brand Strengthening: Plan events with local community champions so that everyone better understands the agency’s brand and our mentor needs.
- Develop marketing and promotional materials to recruit volunteers
- Conduct volunteer orientation sessions monthly
- Other duties as assigned.