Your retail career is waiting! Come check out the opportunities at K&G Fashion Superstore, a division of Tailored Brands, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. For over 25 years, K&G Fashion Superstore has provided value-conscious customers with easy access to a wide selection of brand name and designer apparel, footwear and accessories discounted up to 60% off department store prices. This one-stop shopping experience for the entire family allows them to express their individual style from their career wear through to everything casual at an affordable price.
As the Employee Relations/Human Resources Generalist, you are primarily responsible for conducting investigations regarding complaints of harassment, sexual harassment, discrimination, retaliation, unfair treatment, hostile work environment, and other employee related issues reported to Human Resources. Additional duties include assisting with HR Generalist duties as described below in the Human Resources Generalist job responsibilities section. You are responsible to set up, maintain, analyze and submit weekly and monthly Employee Relations reports to the Director of Human Resources.
Employee Relations/Human Resources Generalist
- Investigate/Respond to employee issues and concerns.
- Provide coaching to managers and employees on employee relations
- Ensure that company policy is followed and legal obligations to
employees are met to minimize risk to the Company and maximize
- Assist in outside investigations and respond to agency charges and
- Facilitate conflict resolution between employees.
- Respond to and participate as the company representative regarding
unemployment claims and hearings.
- Perform analysis of time card audits, turnover, and progressive
- Other duties and special projects as needed.
- Occasional travel to stores and company meetings.
HUMAN RESOURCES GENERALIST
- Evaluate and administer leaves of absence.
- Ensure compliance with Federal/State labor law compliance.
- Act as a first contact on employee injury and Worker’s Compensation.
- Respond to subpoenas and other official requests for employee
- Review and complete employee terminations.
- Work closely with payroll to resolve any payroll questions or issues.
- Perform new hire orientation, onboarding and off-boarding.
Excellent listener – able to listen with empathy and great attention to detail.
Can be a strong employee advocate, but also has a clear understanding of the need for achieving business objectives to fashion win-win results for the company and its valued employees.
Demonstrated record of working collaboratively with other professionals.
Persuasive, positive, and team-oriented, while also being able to work independently and proactively to resolve conflicts and other employee relations issues.
Patient and able to effectively manage recurring conflict scenarios between/among employees.
Widely regarded as fair, honest, open-minded, warm, approachable, and genuine.
Unwavering integrity and respected for your professionalism and transparency in all things.
A relationship builder who can develop strong relationships with colleagues and openly articulate concerns, while still maintaining their trust and respect.
Must have at least 2 years of experience conducting employee relations. investigations and participating as the company representative regarding unemployment claims and hearings.
Must have at least 3 years of Human Resources Generalist experience.
Knowledge of state and federal employment laws.
Ability to maintain records and files for easy access and retrieval.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Bachelor’s degree required.