Description TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
Qualifications Job Summary/Overview
The Human Resources (HR) Specialist will provide Human Resource products and services to TriNet clients that include: comprehensive handbook reviews, policy creation, job description creation and review and ad placement. Individual must possess a strong understanding of employment law including FLSA, FMLA, ADA, and EEO.
- Review client employee handbooks to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations including FLSA, FMLA, ADA, and EEO.
- Consult with clients to determine policy needs. Create policies and edit policies based on compliance requirements.
- Provide harassment, discrimination, FLSA and other HR related web based trainings for clients.
- Develop and review clients job descriptions to ensure compliance with FLSA and ADA.
- Review and place job postings for clients on Career Builder.
- Assist clients in developing policies that comply with current regulations - Comply with all TriNet's policies.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion
Job Requirements & Qualifications
Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university desired; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
PHR or SPHR certification required
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum One to three years experience in Human Resources
- Preferred: Three plus years experience in Human Resources, extensive experience in researching & interpreting employment law and other government compliance regulations, must have the ability to make recommendations, to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgment that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Strong knowledge and understanding of both state and federal employment laws
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have an intermediate skill level with Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Outlook. The individual should also demonstrate an intermediate level of internet browsing and research ability.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common Human Resources trade journals and legal documents.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients.
- Excellent writing skills a must ‘Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form - Minimal travel required
TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact a company manager, a company officer or a TriNet HR representative to request such an accommodation.