Underground Foreman/Crew Lead
The Field Tech will work with multiple aspects of the cable Installation process OSP, ISP, rack, stack, patch, pathway construction, rough-in routing, grounding, general labor. Working as a member of the project team, the Field Tech is responsible for helping to complete tasks with a high degree of quality and efficiency, while practicing professionalism for optimal performance.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist in the installation or OSP and ISP fiber optic cable through existing conduit systems and communication rooms including Data Centers.
- Ensure all materials necessary for the day's work have been loaded on the trucks prior to leaving the office and unloaded upon return.
- Help maintain the job site organization and basic housekeeping maintenance
- Maintain a professional appearance and demeanor
- Maintain satisfactory compliance with customer security requirements
- Maintain compliance of all work site safety requirements.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- In-house certified Training Required (company provided): OSHA 30, E2 Fall Protection, E2
Confined Space Entry, and First Aid/CPR
- Ability to work in the elements
- Ability to consistently lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to work in confined spaces (manholes, handholes)
- NO previous experience necessary/but preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess proven problem-solving skills, critical thinking skills and the ability to effectively read, write and communicate efficiently.
- Ability to Listen carefully and follow instructions
- Demonstrated aptitude for learning from senior team members.
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Exhibit a positive attitude
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The standard work environment for this position is inside and outside of the data center and construction environment. The noise level is usually moderate. The work can be labor intensive and will require the employee to walk and stand for the majority of the work day and may require them to bend, kneel, rotate, push, pull, reach with hands and arms regularly. The employee must regularly move and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is regularly required to carry and climb ladders. The employee will be required to work in tight confined spaces. The employee must demonstrate regular and on time attendance. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
BTR is and Equal Opportunity Employer. BTR does not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit and business need.
JOB TYPE: Full time
Salary: $18.00 to 20.00 to start based on experience
Experience: none necessary/ but preferred
Work Location: Northern VA
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $20.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: Multiple Locations