Established SCADA systems design and integration firm, headquartered in the Bay Area with projects across the country, in the is now hiring a Senior Software Engineer.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Minimum 7 years’ experience
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; capable of writing purchase justifications; making presentations to an internal audience; work effectively in a diverse highly skilled team; and interacting positively with upper management.
- Independent problem-solving, self-direction.
- Strong understanding of all aspects of operating system administration; i.e., configuration of mail systems, system installation and configuration, printer systems, fundamentals of security, installing third-party software.
- Solid understanding of operating system and server technologies; understands paging and swapping, inter-process communication, devices and what device drivers do, file system concepts (clustering, logical partitions, metadata).
- Must have Fortran and C. Protocol knowledge (Modbus tcpip and serial ,DNP3,ENCIP,DF!,GE PLC protocol)
- Must Have Knowledge in Transact SQL (T-SQL), PHP, Python and systems such as OpenVMS is preferred.
- Must Have Solid understanding of the configuration of a Citrix and virtual environments along with how to maintain them using best practices.
- Must Have Solid understanding of networking/distributed computing environment concepts; can configure NFS and NIS, windows server domains; can use nslookup or dig to check information in the DNS; understands basic routing concepts.
- Must Have Strong understanding of active directory (AD), group policies and domain administration.
- Must Have Ability to write scripts in some administrative language (i.e. Tk, Perl, Python).
- Strong technical aptitude and ability to research & solve complex issues independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality with sensitive customer and internal information.
- Responsibilities sometimes require working evenings and weekends, sometimes with little advance notice.
- On-Call responsibilities
- Some travel may be required (10%)
RELATIONSHIP WITH OTHERS: Excellent communication and organization skills. Strong departmental relationships.
- Master of Science Computer Science
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as Engineering or Computer Science required
- Certifications desired: CSA – HP OpenVMS, CSE – HP OpenVMS
Job Type: Full-time