Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
The Leidos Defense Group FAR 145 Repair Station currently has an airframe and powerplant mechanic position opening at the Manassas VA Regional Airport facility.
Are you ready for your next challenge?
The qualified applicant will be expected to demonstrate a strong working knowledge of aircraft maintenance in support of turbo prop and jet powered aircraft. Responsibilities generally include performing scheduled, unscheduled maintenance, troubleshooting and repair. Operation and use of standard shop tooling, test equipment ground service equipment is required. All work will be conducted under the direction of the Leidos FAR 145 repair station.
THE CHALLENGE (primary responsibilities)
- Perform daily pre and post flight inspections
- Perform scheduled and unscheduled aircraft maintenance, inspection, troubleshooting and repair
- Service aircraft fuel/oil/hydraulic/oxygen/nitrogen systems
- Rigging of engine, propeller, flight control and landing gear systems
- Troubleshoot systems to provide an effective solution
- Aid aircraft modification specialized team members
- Document work performed on appropriate forms and in electronic systems
- Participate in and complete all required training assigned
- Maintain aircraft appearance
- Submit daily, weekly, or monthly reports as required
- “clean as you go” in the work area and follow all safety rules
- Comply with processes and procedures as per DHS/Department of Defense (DOD) documents and publications.
- Comply with safety rules and regulations while performing day to day activities. Promptly report all accidents, injuries, safety, violations, and/or unsafe practices or procedures to supervisor.
- Work hours may be adjusted due to operational requirements
WHAT SETS YOU APART (basic qualifications)
- Airframe & Powerplant Certifications with 3 plus years turbine and or jet experience.
- High school diploma and 2+ years of related experience.
- Ability to troubleshoot and make repairs while delivering a clean safe finished product
- Ability to read and follow wiring drawings as well as OEM technical publications.
- Crawl in and out of tight spaces
- Comfortably work in confined areas in a kneeling or crouched position
- Lift, balance and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Work in enclosed hangars as well as exterior in year around weather conditions
- Work off site as required
- Candidates will be required to undergo a DOT/FAA pre-employment drug test prior to being hired or transferred into a Department of Transportation safety-sensitive position.
Security Clearance Requirement
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
Prior experience with King Air, Challenger 650 or Global 6500 is a plus
Pay Range $44,200.00 - $68,000.00 - $91,800.00
The Leidos pay range for this job level is a general guideline only and not a guarantee of compensation or salary. Additional factors considered in extending an offer include (but are not limited to) responsibilities of the job, education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity, alignment with market data, applicable bargaining agreement (if any), or other law.