Our mission is to be the world’s leading supplier of premium alumina for the refractory, ceramic and polishing industry.
To grow our business, we are all committed to:
- Customer Focus – supporting and enhancing our customers’ business with quality products, excellent local service and technical support
- Alumina Expertise – global world class operations and continuous development of innovative solutions and application know-how
- Global Footprint – offering a complete product portfolio closer to our customers
- Reliability – supplying premium alumina products, anywhere, every time, on time
- Social Responsibility – investing in our people, providing a safe workplace and protecting the environment
Think Alumina – Think Almatis!
- Receives instructions, prints, work orders, interprets sketches and drawings and read blueprints in order to determine work procedures.
- Performs any necessary layout work and makes calculations essential to this job. Does nay planning of work procedures necessary to supplement general instructions given by the supervisor.
- Selects tools and materials most suitable to the job.
- Constructs, install, repairs, dismantles, erects and maintains pumps, mills, presses, cranes, crushers, conveyors, mixers, fittings, pipes, valves, regulators, traps, etc., such as are used for air, gas, steam, oil, propane, chlorine, refrigerants, water and drainage.
- Performs maintenance work such as replacing faulty plumbing and piping equipment, tightening joints, caulking joints and making up air hoses, replaces worn parts, makes adjustments, lubricates equipment, and corrects faulty operation of mechanical equipment.
- Installs, bends, cuts, fits, threads and insulates pipe and equipment, replaces bearings, couplings and shafts, some of which require close tolerance and precision fitting.
- Sets and levels machinery for grouting.
- Performs any necessary rigging for the job, moves and sets heavy equipment, maintains, cleans equipment such as boilers and auxiliaries, uses cutting torches and installs structural steel.
- Performs minor repair work on forklift trucks, occasionally operates crane to make lifts for millwright work in the absence of a regular scheduled crane man.
- Installs and repairs basins, showers and other sanitary equipment, uses belt vulcanizer, cuts and splices cables.
- Selects transports and keeps tools, materials and equipment as necessary in connection with their work.
- Performs other similar or related duties as required.
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
- Sets, aligns and balances turbines/rotors.
- Involved in routine tasks, such as lubrication of machinery, bearing replacement, seal replacement, cleaning of parts during an overhaul and preventive Qualifications and Skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to perform semi-routine work involved some variety of detail requiring judgment.
- Ability to receive, store and issue supplies and materials.
- Skilled to operate power trucks requiring manipulation of variable controls.
- Knowledge of fluid mechanics (hydraulics and pneumatics), and all of the components involved in these processes, such as valves, cylinders, pumps and compressors.
- Ability to work within precise limits or standards of accuracy, at heights without fear; the use of logical step-by-step procedures in work; planning, solving problems and decision-making based on quantifiable information.
- Must have 7 to 12 months Millwright experience.
- High school education or equivalent.
- Alumina refineries experience a plus.
- 10 paid Holidays
- 1 week paid vacation after completion of 6 months of service
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance: $238.55/month for family coverage, $203.55/month employee plus one or $77.77/month single coverage (prescription drug plan included)
- 401K- for every hour that the employee works Almatis will put $1.50 into your 401K
- $75,000 life insurance policy - at no cost to the employee.
- $10,000 spouse insurance policy at $2.20 a month cost to employee.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.22 to $34.16 /hour