GET AN ON-CAMPUS PAID INTERNSHIP TO DEVELOP LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT SKILLS THAT EMPLOYERS AND GRADUATE SCHOOLS ARE LOOKING FOR!
Open to currently enrolled Freshmen, Sophomores and Juniors only. This internship is conducted on campus. Please do not apply if you do not meet these requirements.
The National Society of Leadership and Success is the largest leadership society in the country with more than 600 Chapters nationwide and nearly a million members. The Society provides success and leadership programming for college students. Society membership provides students with the professional leadership training to gain a competitive edge in the employment market. In an annual national survey, 97% of Society members indicated the Society has made it more likely they will achieve their life goals, and 97% indicated the Society has made them more likely to land the job of their choice. While many Chapters are established through an administrator or affiliated with a specific department, the Society provides a developmental opportunity for an outstanding student leader to establish their own leadership program on campus.
This two-semester paid leadership internship is for students of all majors who want to develop real world skills in management, budgeting, communication, public speaking, marketing and event planning. Reporting to a Student Program Director, your role as an intern is to recruit and manage a team of student leaders to effectively plan a series of life-changing events on your campus. These responsibilities range from recruiting an advisor and executive board to researching and submitting any necessary paperwork to become a registered student organization or become affiliated with a specific department.The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and leadership skills.
What are some of the benefits of being a Society Intern?
· Research the Society and its leadership program
· Research and evaluate different leadership organizations and programs on your campus
· Research and recruit an advisor(s) to sponsor your leadership program
· Recruit, manage and delegate to a team of 5-10 executive board members
· Research the process to become a registered student organization or become affiliated with a specific department
· Build a network of leaders on your campus
· Plan and coordinate social, fundraising, and community service activities to create a stronger community of leaders on campus
· Plan and coordinate a series of events including a leadership seminar, networking team meetings, and video conferences featuring celebrities and best-selling authors
· Participate in weekly coaching sessions with a Student Program Director
· High level of interpersonal and communications skills
· One or more years of experience in a club or organization, in a leadership capacity, in high school or college
· Excellent time management skills
· Must be a freshman, sophomore or junior to apply
· Must commit 7-10 hours weekly during the academic year for a total length of two consecutive semesters
· Applicant must be from a school that does not have a Society Chapter already in existence at your campus.
If this sounds like something that you would like to be a part of, please visit our website at http://www.societyleadership.org/intern/IDS0118 to submit your resume and application.
Only one intern is hired per campus, so please review the list of current schools on our website at https://www.societyleadership.org/listing to see if your school already has a chapter before applying. Please note that students at schools with existing chapters are ineligible for this opportunity.
Job Type: Internship