RUTI offers cool, practical and flattering luxury clothing for women. Being a strong retail company for over 10 years, recently brought venture capital investment (round A) to launch the e-Commerce line of business to create an omnichannel experience for our loyal customers.
What will you be doing?
The Sr. Staff Accountant role is based in Belmont, CA and reports to the VP Finance and Operations. This position will be responsible for managing accounts payable, accounts receivable and month-end process. This position requires working with various cross-functional departments to complete daily accounting activities.
Why join us?
We’re currently at the most fun and exciting stage of our journey, after a first funding round just
before the rocket lifts off! This is a chance to work with a real visionary leader and strong
leadership team from the beginning where you can help shape business strategy within a
broader, ecosystem approach and share in the huge success you help create.
- Manage accounts receivable, administrate and reconcile POS system and payment processing systems for retail and online revenue.
- Oversee accounts payable, including ensuring all invoices are coded to the correct general ledger accounts and timely payment of all invoices in accordance with vendor terms Manage time effectively multi-task and work under tight deadlines
- Payroll processing including, accrued PTO, bi-weekly and quarter sales commission reporting
- Work closely with managers, and the leadership for an efficient end to end close process, from procurement to financial reporting
- Calculate accruals for month-end closing
- Reconcile GL accounts and bank statements
- Prepare 1099 for vendors at the year-end
- Provide general and ad hoc project, and/or support as needed
- BA in Finance, Accounting or similar
- 3+ years of experience in Finance or Accounting
- Previous experience in retail and or e-Commerce is highly desired
- Comfortable working within a diverse team
- Great at juggling different perspectives; a natural influencer with strong people skills
- Knowledge of US GAAP and best practices in retail accounting
- Effective communication across all levels of the organization
- Effective organizational and problem-solving skills with the ability to set-up, automate and track data and information.
- High attention to details and strong project management skills
- Requires minimal supervision and ability to act independently
- Strong Microsoft Excel, G-Suite experience is a plus*
Key skills: Accounting, CPA, GAAP, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented,
Reporting Research Results, SFAS Rules, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management.
Job Type: Full-time
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off