Potomac Management Solutions is seeking select individuals interested in joining our professional team as full-time Background Investigators in the DC region. This is a great entry level opportunity for qualified individuals to be trained and cleared to perform background investigations for OPM. This position will be housed out of the Woodbridge corporate office.
Competencies (as demonstrated through experience, training, and/or testing):
- Ability to work remotely without daily supervision.
- Ability to establish and build rapport with new people.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills to interact with sources, customers and team members.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Personal computer and business solutions software skills.
- Ability to identify, understand and apply federal, state and local changes to and/or new regulations/laws pertaining to personnel investigations.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to synthesize information, identify key findings and determine conclusions.
Minimum Qualifications for Background Investigators - Entry Level:
- Must be a United States citizen.
- Ability to acquire and maintain the required level of U. S. Government security clearance.
- Ability to acquire and maintain any other specific special clearances/access requirements and successfully pass an adjudicated SSBI clearance.
- Reliable personal vehicle, valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record.
- Must possessBachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice or related field from an accredited university.
- Conduct interviews and background checks that help to ensure the safety and security of the nation.
- Obtain and report information for background investigations that determine employment suitability and security clearance eligibility.
- Conduct face-to-face interviews with the applicant and their neighbors, coworkers, friends, and associates.
- Complete record searches at law enforcement agencies, courthouses, and mental health, financial, and educational institutions.
- Compile information in a clear, concise report on a standardized reporting format.
- Meet quality, timeliness, and production metrics.
- Interact with team leader and case review officers to ensure timeliness and thoroughness of investigations.
- Assist in obtaining field work in a rapid, time-sensitive work environment.
- Ensure leads are completed in a timely manner and in accordance with investigative standards.
- Travel may be required.
- Additional duties or specific tasks may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to necessity to achieve business objectives.
If you fit this description and would like to be considered for this opportunity, please submit your resume online today. If you do not find interest, but know of someone who may, we kindly ask that you refer the individual by sharing this opportunity.
Potomac Management Solutions, LLC (PMS), specializes in Human Resources/Staffing, Program Operations, Administration, Health Systems Management and Federal Law Enforcement Services Support. We understand the fundamental components of government management – transforming mission objectives into programs that efficiently support contract operations and deliver government products/services, all within or below the assigned fiduciary allotment. With over 25 years of combined experience, Potomac Management Solutions, an 8(a) Minority, Woman-owned Small Business, brings proven and trusted solutions to agency mission objectives.
In conformity with applicable laws, Potomac Management Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, or status as a disabled veteran, a Vietnam Era veteran, a veteran who has served on active duty for which a campaign badge was authorized, or a newly separated veteran.