CPCC is currently accepting applications for the position of
PT Administrative Assistant II (International Programs)
Job ID: req3186
Position Closing Date: October 5, 2018
GENERAL FUNCTIONS AND JOB DUTIES
Performs a variety of standard to moderately complex administrative and secretarial tasks which may include greeting and receiving visitors and calls, monitoring inventory, maintaining spreadsheets, typing, filing and purchasing in support of Department’s daily operations.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Answers phone and screens visitors; provides detailed information regarding services and explains procedures; may provide advice; refers call to appropriate person if more information is needed; takes messages; responds to the more difficult inquiries and requests; serves as informational resource to staff.
2. May create and update unit’s files; may purge inactive files; may maintain unit’s computerized databases.
3. May assist in budget process by maintaining spreadsheets, monitoring budget, and compiling information for budget requests.
4. May monitor inventory and supplies; may prepare requisitions; may order supplies.
5. May draft a variety of correspondence and memos for supervisor’s approval; may type and proofread manuals, books, and other material; may create forms for Department use.
6. Responds to complex inquiries and requests; serves as informational resource to staff.
7. May create contracts and rate schedules for instructors; may coordinate payments; may research and resolve discrepancies.
8. May receive data and check for accuracy; may enter into computer system; may create, update, and maintain files and databases.
9. May perform a variety of administrative tasks including scheduling and maintaining calendar, making travel arrangements, scheduling and coordinating meetings, and processing time sheets and attendance reports.
10. May provide clerical support for committees, special projects, and task forces.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Characteristics
Knowledge of standard office procedures and equipment.
Knowledge of computer and office applications.
Writing and proofreading skills.
Strong customer service/communication skills.
Requires High School diploma or GED and vocational or business training beyond high school, intermediate Microsoft Office skills to include word processing, spreadsheets, databases and graphics and 2 years of office experience. Assessments for the appropriate level of Microsoft Office skills will be required.
A completed CPCC application must be completed on-line.
During the on-line application process, applicants will be prompted to upload or build a cover letter and resume.
College transcripts (if required for the position) must be attached on-line in the "additional documents" section of the application process. Applicants that do not have an electronic copy of their transcripts, or find the electronic copy is rejected on-line due to the file size, may fax their transcripts to (704) 330-6066 for attachment to the on-line application.
All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by 11:59 p.m. on the closing date posted to be guaranteed for consideration. Applications of qualified candidates received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Salary for this position is $13.74hr. Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include off-shift hours, evening and weekend assignments may be required of any position. All positions are subject to budget approval.
Central Piedmont Community College is Mecklenburg County’s resource for academic excellence and cultural enrichment. Located minutes from uptown Charlotte, CPCC is in close proximity to the Queen City’s growing greenway project, professional sports arenas, and a number of premiere restaurant and shopping outlets that attract visitors from Mecklenburg County and beyond. Today, more than 70,000 students call CPCC home, making it the largest community college in the Carolinas and a job training powerhouse as it strives to be the national leader in workforce development.
Notice of Nondiscrimination
As a recipient of federal funds, Central Piedmont Community College is required to comply with Title IX of the Higher Education Amendments of 1972, 20 U.S.C. § 1681 et seq. (“Title IX”), which prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in educational programs or activities. Central Piedmont Community College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational programs or activities, including in the context of admission or employment.