About Sentiments Inc.
Sentiments Inc. is a rapidly growing, values-driven company in the exciting and expanding pet product industry. We work with the nation’s largest retailers and online channels to bring high-quality, innovative products to pet parents across America and internationally. For over 13 years, we have established a first-rate reputation in the industry, including a current partnership with Disney and a “Top 10” distinction in Fortune Magazine’s 2014 ICIC100. At the heart of our company and through our growth and success, we are continually coming up with creative ways to give back to animal welfare initiatives.
Join the Sentiments Family
With headquarters in sunny Los Angeles, California, Sentiments Inc. is a fun and supportive place where you will have the opportunity to excel in your career. Our small and growing team is committed and entrepreneurial. We enjoy a casual open-office environment which allows for organic collaboration and creativity. Within each position at Sentiments, there is immense potential for growth—we are seeking highly-qualified, self-motivated candidates who can become future leaders and managers within the company.
Do you find that one of your strengths is thinking outside the box to solve challenges? As a member of the Sentiments team, you will be the idea generator and creator within your role, as well as the supporter of other team members’ creations. You will see how the fruits of your labor contribute directly to the company’s advancement. Your position and responsibilities will grow with your success within the organization. The team you will join is close-knit, harmonious, supportive and honest. We communicate with transparency and respect. As a member of the Sentiments family, you will have everything you need to succeed, including up to 100% paid tuition for courses or training relevant to your role.
As the Controller, your primary role is to partner with the CEO and CFO as the accounting department lead and subject matter expert, managing all financial functions including accounts payable/receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll. Ideal candidates will possess leadership qualities that are process-oriented and can be relational as they will help build our accounting department’s infrastructure. The selectee will help set up and implement new accounting practices that will provide transparency and efficiency. Successful candidates must have a solid understanding of accounting principles and how to use QuickBooks within a wholesale and/or manufacturing environment.
- Oversees and manage the company’s entire accounting department.
- Institute proper internal controls, processes, and procedures pertaining to accounting activities.
- Responsibility for hands-on application and supervision of A/R, A/P, and payroll functions, as well as the recording of transactions and adjusting entries while managing other accounting staff.
- Ensures the QuickBooks system is accurately and continually updated.
- Collaborates with warehouse manager in the reconciliation of inventory bills.
- Prepares weekly and monthly financial reports for management.
- Works closely with CEO/owner on the cash flow planning process.
- Responsible for payroll activity, including tasks associated with employee benefits providers.
- Assists in the coordination and management of employee benefit plans and workers’ compensation.
- Aids in the development of appropriate accounting policies and controls for the entire process.
- Works closely with the company’s owner on month-end and year-end closing of books.
- Works directly with the company owners and the company’s CPA firm on the preparation of all data and documents required for preparation of quarterly and annual financial statements.
- Assists with other projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA License Preferred
- MBA Preferred
- 10 + years’ Accounting experience needed
- 4 + years’ Controller or assistant controller experience desired
- Excellent proficiency in QuickBooks.
- Strong excel skills – must be able to update and modify formulas and pivot tables
- Excellent communication skills (internal and external)
- Comfortable to produce in a deadline-driven environment
- Desire and ability to grow in the role as the company continues to grow
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: up to $130k DOE
The road ahead is full of possibilities at Sentiments. If you are looking to grow your career with a conscious company that puts people and pets first, we’d like to hear from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $100,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 10 years (Preferred)
- controller: 4 years (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- A valid CPA CMA or other related accounting designation (Preferred)
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift