Is this position exempt from overtime pay?
Provides clerical assistance to the administrative and teaching staff on matters related to special education. Work will include maintaining files, tracking timelines, and the use of office machines including a microcomputer. Position serves as the collection point and disseminator of all paperwork related to the IEP process.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities?
1. Assists special education staff with IEP process documentation including parent notification
And follow-up to meetings.
2. Tracks timeline for referrals, evaluations, and annual reviews.
3. Completes Medicaid billing forms and SSIS forms.
4. Utilizes the EXCENT-Special Education Planner software to prepare IEP’s and related documentation.
5. Makes copies of IEP’s for review and use by special education, regular education teachers and parents.
6. Maintains special education files and materials of instruction in an orderly manner.
7. Maintains and organizes student progress reports, data sheets and/or other appropriate documentation of achievement.
8. Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made on request to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High School Diploma or equivalency certificate.
- Recent general office, clerical, secretarial and/or microcomputer experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, with co-workers, administrators, parents and the general public.
- Demonstrated proficiency with business software (e.g. Microsoft Office Suite-Word, Excel, Outlook and/or PowerPoint preferred). For new permanent secretarial/clerical/technician hires, a minimum score on a pre-employment assessment is required.
Career Ladder Requirements
- As required by the duties and responsibilities of the job.