Everyone knows security needs to be “baked in” to a system architecture, but you actually know how to bake it in. You can identify and implement ways to harden systems and reduce their attack surface. What if you could use your Cyber skills to design and build secure systems for the US government? We’re looking for an engineer who can help create solutions for that will stand up to even the most advanced Cyber threats.
As an Identity and Privilege Access Management Engineer on our project, you’ll identify the right mix of tools and techniques to translate your customer’s needs and future goals into a plan that will enable secure and effective solutions. We need to come up with the best solution, so you’ll research new techniques, break free from the legacy model, and go where the industry is going. On our team, you’ll learn how to take a critical approach to network design, providing alternatives and customizing solutions to maintain a balance of security and mission needs. You will leverage expertise in Cybersecurity engineering services related to identity and access management (IAM) frameworks to analyze, design, and support operationally viable continuous monitoring solution to verify and validate appropriate user privileges, assigned credentials, trustworthiness, appropriate user security behavior training, and appropriately granted resource access rights to users. You’ll be able to gain experience in articulating and authoring multiple findings, recommendations, and other artifacts, including interfacing with key stakeholders to implement tailored IAM solutions while building peace of mind in a critical infrastructure.
Empower change with us.
Nice If You Have:
- 5+ years of experience with IT, including IAM, security operations and threat response, security architecture, policy, governance, or access control provisioning
- 5+ years of experience with an administration directory, including access solutions in multiple operating system environments
- 5+ years of experience with supporting access management solutions, including user privileges management, user credential management, and user security related to behavior monitoring
- 2+ years of experience with implementing IAM solutions
- 2+ years of experience with maintaining COTS IAM tools, including Cyberark, Sailpoint, and CA PAM
- Ability to obtain a security clearance
- HS diploma or GED
- Experience with SQL database administration or management
- Experience with a SIEM tool and Splunk preferred
- Experience with authoring Cybersecurity guidance, including policies, strategies, and whitepapers
- Experience with supporting IAM in a Cloud environment, including Azure or AWS
- Experience with implementing PKI and PIV standards
- Experience with HSPD-12, FIPS 201-2, FICAM, OMB 11-11, FedRAMP, PCI, FISMA, or NIST 800-53, 800-63, 800-79-2, or 800-157 policies and standards a plus
- Knowledge of HTTP, XML, REST, and JSON a plus
- Possession of excellent oral and written communication skills. Including communicating with clients at multiple levels of an organization
- BS degree in CS, Software Engineering, or a technical related field preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Build Your Career:
Rewarding work, fun challenges, and a ton of investment in our people—that’s Booz Allen Cyber. When you join Booz Allen, we’ll help you develop the career you want.
Competitions — From programming competitions at our PyNights (Python competition and learning events) to competing in CTFs, we’ve got plenty of chances for you to show off your skills.
Paid Research — Have an innovative idea to explore or hypothesis to test? You can participate in challenges via our crowdsourcing platform, the Garage, and other programs to be awarded dedicated time and funding to advance your skills.
Cyber University — CyberU has more than 5000 instructor-led and self-paced Cyber courses, a free online library that you can access from just about anywhere—including your phone—and certification exam prep guides that include practical assessments to prepare you for your exam.
Academic Partnerships — In addition to our tuition reimbursement benefit, we’ve partnered with University of Maryland University College to offer two graduate certificate programs in Cybersecurity—fully funded without a tuition cap.
Maker/Hackerspaces — Race drones, print 3D gadgets, drink coffee from our Wi-Fi coffee maker, and get hands-on training on tools and tech from in-house experts in our dedicated maker and hackerspaces.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.
#LI-AH1, APC3, CDM, CJ1, SIG2017, WP1