- High School Diploma or GED
- Heavy Lifting
- Precision Measuring Instrument
- Aircraft Maintenance
Position: MV-22 Osprey, Aircraft Worker
Type: Full Time
Location: MCAS New River NC
The Aircraft Worker makes repairs to aircraft following orders of higher grade worker, assists in troubleshooting malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulic, engines, auxiliary power unit, and ventilation and heating systems.
This worker removes, cleans, reinstalls, or replaces defective parts, accessories, and components such as worn gaskets, couplings, and fittings, bad actuators, accumulators, gauges, sections of corroded fuel and oil lines. The worker may also be required to supervise the jacking and towing of aircraft.
This worker makes adjustments and settings such as cable tension and seat movement settings and adjustments; obtains standard parts such as fuel and oil line connections and fittings, cable linkage, cables and harnesses by referring to parts manuals and by making comparisons with samples.
This worker may perform pre-flight, thru-flight, and post-flight maintenance inspections. The worker will enter in the maintenance records description of the work performed. The worker will also service engines and aircraft components at the "O" level as required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition.
Task and Responsibilities:
1. Qualification Requirement for Aircraft Worker (23080) is a minimum of 4 years aircraft maintenance experience of which 2 years of rotary wing experience are required.
2. Must possess the ability to work independently, without technical guidance, to perform all tasks outlined in the Interactive Electronic Maintenance Manual (IETM).
3. Will be familiar with all publications relevant to the maintenance of the MV-22 appropriate to the assignment and have a thorough practical and theoretical knowledge of the equipment/systems.
4. Will possess knowledge of the learning process and how to transfer technical knowledge to less qualified personnel, including the ability to express thought in both oral and written communications.
5. Shall possess a thorough understanding or become familiar and proficient with NALCOMIS OOMA automated maintenance documentation system within 90 days of employment.
6. Shall be a U.S. citizen to ensure access to flight line work spaces and critical information systems.
7. Must have prior experience and ability to attain the following certifications:
Blade Fold Wing Stow (BFWS)
Fuel Surveillance, Flight Line (FL)
8. Will acquire all Support Equipment license that are required to perform daily tasks to include:
A/M42-2A Light Cart
A/S32A-45 Tow Tractor
BT-400-46 Pre-Heater (or legacy equivalent)
Flight Line Utility Vehicles (aka Mighty Mites)
ACU-20/M Air Compressor
65A102-J1 Corrosion Cart
9. Any and all other duties as assigned by the Program Manager.
Required education & added skills background:
1. High School Diploma or equivalent.
2. Working knowledge of the COMNAVAIRFORINST 4790.2C.
3. Knowledge of Naval Aviation Maintenance Procedures (NAMP) and Maintenance Requirement Cards (MRCs).
4. Ability to document maintenance utilizing the Naval Aviation Logistics Command Information System (NALCOMIS).
5. Ability to troubleshoot engines, APU, secondary power and airframe related systems.
6. Correctly use color-coded charts of aircraft plumbing.
7. Correctly interpret schematic diagrams.
8. Correctly interpret applicable technical data.
9. Correctly demonstrate use and care of power tools, test equipment and precision measuring devices in the maintenance and repair of aircraft.
This position requires normal physical functions. Work may require frequent bending, reaching and climbing. May frequently lift and carry items weighing up to fifty pounds and occasionally lift heavier items with the assistance of other workers. Work may be performed on top or under equipment in cramped or awkward positions, including the MV-22 cockpit. Normal color/depth perception and no record of emotional instability are required.
Work Environment (ADA):
May be required to work in areas in or near a hangar/ flight line that may be noisy at times. May be exposed to moderate discomforts, such as heat, cold and wind. May be required to wear personal protective equipment when in or passing thru a hazardous area.
1. PKL Services is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer to include EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disabled.