At AnchorFree, our mission is to provide secure access to the world's information for every person on the planet. Founded in 2005 by David Gorodyansky and Eugene Malobrodsky, AnchorFree has grown into a service with millions of users in nearly 200 countries. Our flagship product, Hotspot Shield, is Top 100 in the App Store and enables freedom to access all of the Internet's information from anywhere in the world (without restrictions). AnchorFree has recently closed a $295 million investment led by WndrCo and Accel Partners, with further development plans for Hotspot Shield and other products in our suite.
AnchorFree is seeking a dynamic, highly-motivated individual for its Director of DevOps position. You will be responsible for leading a team of talented engineers to scale AnchorFree's Hotspot Shield application to a billion users.
You will bring your solid understanding of cloud / datacenter architecture and deployments to help guide our vision and strategy for production operations. You will use your knowledge and experience of the DevOps domain, including production support, CI/CD, and cloud service delivery to set our team's values and establish the production service KPIs which drive our success. You are results oriented and you thrive in a results driven culture that values initiative, leadership, and collaboration.
- Establish the service delivery culture for our business, building best-in class service engineering capabilities in the DevOps team.
- Deliver highly-performant and highly-scalable datacenter and cloud services at an optimized cost point
- Develop and maintain our platform services and tooling to provide event logging, metrics monitoring, CI / CD, and other backend services.
- Experience supporting container-based orchestration and deployment systems such as Docker, Kubernetes, Mesos/Marathon.
- Define our customer facing SLAs, and ensure our engineering teams are working towards those SLAs
- Maintain a high level of service availability. Perform quality reviews, manage operations, and operational issues.
- Work across the engineering team to influence software development to meet our operational needs and influence product and cloud engineering to improve the manageability, quality, and the supportability of our production services.
- Establish a culture of high performance, transparency and continuous improvement as it relates to the production support of our services and streamlining of the development pipeline.
AnchorFree Compensation and Benefits:
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Experience with managing both software development and Production SAAS is a must
- Experience with Agile development, techniques and methodologies and with CI/CD
- Experience designing, building and managing large scale infrastructure in AWS, including experience leveraging one or more coding languages for automation.
- Prior startup experience; managing small to mid size teams (10-20 people).
- Direct, hands-on experience leveraging large repositories of data to track, drive, and measure your operational effectiveness is required
- Experience using Hadoop/Hive, Impala, Spark, Zeppelin is a plus.
- Solid understanding of networking, network routing, client-server architecture.
- Proven experience leading positive change, empowering people, cultivating product technology visions and innovative solutions, and fostering effective engineering practices and culture.
- Working knowledge of several configuration management systems (Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Salt, Terraform, etc.) and several monitoring tools and frameworks (Splunk, ELK, Nagios, Zabbix, InfluxDB, Prometheus, etc.)
- Experience in driving process improvements, with a strong focus on leveraging technology for the establishment of fluid interactions and interfaces between teams
- Firm understanding of the principles of software development, including in-depth experience with a general purpose programming language such as C/C++
- Solid foundation in Linux / Unix
- BS in Computer Science/MIS or equivalent work-related experience.
- Prior work in high load and high-traffic infrastructure is desired
- Competitive salary
- Excellent employee stock option plan
- Relocation assistance available
- $125 per month electric car incentives
- Free food and drinks
- Foosball, Gym and showers, Pool table, Table Tennis
- FREE Medical, Dental and Vision
- Commuter Benefits
- Free Shuttle from San Francisco,CA
About the Product
AnchorFree are the creators of a powerful technology platform that has been transformational for millions of people around the world, enabling connectivity, privacy, and freedom. The crown jewel of our family of products, Hotspot Shield is available for users on iOS, Android, PC and Mac. 200,000 new users download Hotspot Shield every day, making it one of the top 100 most popular iOS apps in App Store and the #1 top grossing app in the Productivity category. Powered by a proprietary VPN technology, Hotspot Shield is the world's most popular Wi-Fi security application. Hotspot Shield is the #1 enabler for users to get Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube in places where access to these apps or sites is restricted or censored. AnchorFree is also powering partners with its proprietary VPN technology available as an SDK, enabling app developers to integrate security, privacy and Internet freedom into their apps.
About the Culture
AnchorFree lives, sleeps, and breathes their core mission of enabling secure access to the world's information for every person on the planet. AnchorFree is one of the few companies that is actually changing the world by providing users with basic human rights (Internet Freedom and Privacy), while driving solid year over year growth and shareholder value.
Learn more about us here:
Hotspot Shield website: