Stockwell Engineers is a full-service engineering, landscape architecture and land surveying firm. From the offset, we have focused on providing quality services to private businesses, private developers, state agencies and local governments.
We are seeking a full-time wastewater engineer to join our Sioux Falls office. Not familiar with Sioux Falls? Located in the southeast corner of South Dakota, it is one of the safest cities in America, has a continually growing population of 178,000 and boasts a great average cost of living index.
Responsibilities for our wastewater engineer:
- Create detailed designs of water/wastewater treatment and collection/distribution systems including site layouts, plans and specifications.
- Conduct field observation, inspection and data collection.
- Perform planning studies and alternatives analysis to determine best treatment options.
- Develop and enhance new and existing client relationships.
- Project supervision to ensure progress and on-time, high-quality deliverables.
Required Qualifications for our wastewater engineer:
- Minimum 10 years of prior related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related field.
- Licensed Professional Engineer in the State of South Dakota or eligible for licensure.
- Demonstrated track record of successful past employment.
- Strong working knowledge of water/wastewater modeling software (BioWin, etc.).
- Experience in the management or design of water distribution and treatment systems, or wastewater collection, conveyance, treatment systems, and processes.
- Working knowledge of the design standards for municipalities.
- Strong technical, written and oral communication skills. An ability to interact comfortably with clients or team members, and explain technical topics to audiences with various levels of understanding.
- A good grasp of project costs and how they are effectively proposed to gain approval with elected officials and residents.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and put in the time needed to get the job done.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving capabilities, organization and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment within a small office.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office software platform.
Preferred Qualifications for our wastewater engineer:
- Master’s Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Experience in environmental engineering, water engineering, wastewater engineering desired.
Salary: Corresponding with education, training, and experience. Aggressive sign-on bonus. Contact our office for details.
Stockwell Engineers offers an efficient and modern work environment and encourage professional development of all its staff members. The ideal candidate will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, long-term disability (100% paid for employees), great 401(k) match, eight paid holidays per year, paid vacation time and paid sick leave time.
Stockwell Engineers, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- water/wastewater: 10 years