Responsible for assisting PM in execution of programs based on accepted contract. Be able to follow through and compliance program scope and requirements according to the Statement of Work (SOW); establish clear communication path between internal and external customers as a liaison between customers and program management. Implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct all business in an honest and transparent manner with highest ethical and professional standards
- Coordinates with cross functional Integrated Project Team (IPT) to identify program scope and requirements, perform risk assessment, establish communication methods, identify stakeholders and Roles & Responsibilities ®create charters/plan and execute accordingly, to ensure profitability
- Be able to support Bid and Proposal Management (BPM), identifying risks, coordinating technical responses with engineering, and prepare proposal package
- Be able to carry out special projects and assignments as directed by the management, such as continues improvement activities, corporate and AS9100 audits, etc.
- Participate on transition handover meeting from sales, bid management and/or product line management to development program management when necessary
- Understand contract terms & Conditions, Master Change (MC), Contract Change Notice (CCN), and any other change requests, help PM to assess the impact on the program
- Perform as a mentor for less experienced IPT members to bring out the best potential of each team members
- Assist PM to perform program level risk assessment and establish mitigation plan accordingly
- Be able to maintain program schedule and understand program baselines (cost and schedule), and help manage program scope and customer expectations
- Maintain action item log and follow-up accordingly to assure timely completion and closure
- Prepare and record success and failures throughout the project life cycle and conduct lessons learned on all programs
- Prepare customer visit, take meeting minutes, follow through, and completing Action Items (AI)
- Be able to follow and adhere to company policies, processes, and procedures
- Achieves operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews;
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from a four-year college or university
- Minimum of 3 years experiences in aerospace industry
- Demonstrated ability to achieve positive results through IPT leadership in a challenging cross-functional matrix organization
- Documented success in assisting PM to manage projects (scope, schedule, cost, risk, i.e. P&L, EVM, etc.,) in a fast-paced manufacturing environment
- Be able to maintain an action item log and follow-up accordingly to assure timely completion and closure
- Has knowledge of project charter, schedule, cost/budget baselines, status report, risk register and mitigation plan
- Has knowledge of controlling and managing scope and associated changes, as well as customer expectations
- Ability to facilitate IPT related meetings and manages conflicts
- Ability to work with management as well as IPT members
The Physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger or feet; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and sit; occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those employee while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Job Type: Full-time
- Aerospace: 3 years (Preferred)