We are looking to fill a Farm Maintenance Worker role for our farm locations in the Ipswich, South Dakota area. In this position you will be responsible for an extensive range of work in the area of repair and general maintenance. Reporting to the Farm Specialist, you will work within established procedures to complete routine duties concerning the farm buildings and equipment. Communicating efficiently in both verbal and written form will be necessary to complete work instructions. Understanding the importance of Animal Welfare and our Biosecurity policies are required. Bringing solid knowledge of mechanical systems and experience with power and hand tools will lead to your success in this role.
What are your main tasks and responsibilities?
- Perform repair or general maintenance work on structures, equipment and grounds
- Trouble shoot and repair ventilation, heating and air conditioning units
- Report mechanical malfunctions to third parties
- Maintain inventory of maintenance supplies, including spare parts
- Respond to building & equipment alarms as needed
- Responsible for on-call duties as required
- Working knowledge of mechanical systems
- Basic skills and knowledge of electrical, plumbing or other trades
- 3 - 5 years experience in equipment/facility maintenance roles
- Ability to plan and organize maintenance schedules
- Able to efficiently use power and hand tools
- High school education, trade school
- Valid class B driver's license or the ability to obtain one
What we have to offer:
- Competitive pay rates and bi-annual pay reviews
- Company provided benefits and 401K plan
- Year-round, permanent work with opportunities for training and advancement
Hendrix Genetics specializes in turkey, swine, aquaculture and traditional poultry breeding, each with its own Research & Development team. You will have the opportunity to apply your education, skills and knowledge to help solve real problems in a constantly evolving, fast paced business environment.
Our innovative breeding programs produce strong animals that thrive under all conditions. This is how we feed the world, today and tomorrow. In order to grow continuously, we need achievers, leaders and visionaries.
Are you a go-getter who is keen for new opportunities and willing to learn? Do you love to work with animals and are seeking an opportunity in a fast-paced, innovative environment? Join our team and you’ll reap the rewards every day.
Are you passionate about?
- Working in a team environment
- Working with animals
- Helping to feed the world
If so, then it's time to jump-start your career by applying now!
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 - $23.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Our protocols for safe work include, hand sanitizing, working a safe distance from co-workers, mask wearing and other PPE as needed for the job.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ipswich, SD 57451: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Maintenance repair: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person