This position’s primary responsibility is to oversee and control the movement of inventory coming in and out of the local branch while continuously monitoring the accuracy of that inventory within the local warehouses. Such is done by verifying quantities received from vendors and retaining records of all incoming (from vendors) and outgoing (customer deliveries or inter branch transfers) shipments of inventory. The individual coordinates the preparation of materials scheduled for shipments via company vehicles. Also exercises Independent judgement in determining the most efficient delivery routes and coordinates such with the branch CDL drivers. Therefore ensuring accurate and timely delivery of each order and/or the pickup of inventory from local vendors. The Shipping/Receiving Clerk oversees the execution of the inventory cycle counting program in coordination with the Corporate Inventory Control personnel so as to maintain the local branch’s inventory accuracy and identify failure and/or improvements to processes and procedures affecting warehouse operations. This position reports to the Operations Manager.
Detailed Responsibilities include the following:
- Verifies and keeps records of incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Assures orders and shipping quantities match picking documents through careful audit of said documents.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Assist in maintaining working relationships with vendor contacts in coordination with centralized procurement.
- Maintains and verifies application of shipping/receiving SOP and process flows.
- Verifies incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with procurement to rectify damages and shortages.
- Determines which bin products will be stored in the warehouse.
- Ensures that all delivery orders go out to customers accurately and on time.
- Verifies outgoing shipments meet shipping specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials, supplies, housekeeping, and verifies rotation of products in accordance with FIFO.
- Directs others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
- Dispatches and efficiently coordinates routes for shipments and inventory pickups with the company CDL drivers and other employees driving company vehicles.
- Coordinates with carriers and freight forwarders to schedule pick-up of goods.
- Responsible for inventory control, the accurate stocking and issuance of materials, inventory transfers, etc.
- Works with 3rd party transportation services to ensure material is handled correctly and loaded in a safe and organized manner to minimize possible damage during transit.
- Coordinates delivery availability with the order taking teams and advices on the possibility of on-demand deliveries.
- Responsible for maintaining various MMS databases to include metrics and ensuring a high-level of accurate data entry quality as determined by the Operations Manager.
- Responsible for the daily cycle counting requirements and physical inventories conducted at the local branch in coordination with corporate Inventory Control.
- Ensure that all received inventory items are properly identified, counted and stored in their proper bin as per the “Put Away” report.
- Ensure all P21 warehouse transactions are completed timely and accurately daily especially “shipment confirmations” no later than 6AM for the previous days will call and delivery orders.
- Move material using forklifts including unloading of received material safely and responsibly.
- Assist with fleet management, repairs, and maintenance.
- Responsible for calibrating the scales on a monthly basis for all company dump trucks assigned to the local branch.
- Recommend improvements in efficiency, cost savings, quality and safety.
- Maintain a clean, safe, environmentally friendly work environment.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Experience and Educational Requirements:
- 3+ years of Shipping/Receiving experience.
- Minimum High School diploma or equivalent, preferred two-year degree.
- Must have computer skills and experience using ERP systems, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be experienced in a fast-paced, professional, customer service driven team environment.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of warehouse processes and procedures preferred.
- Strong analytical and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to read and interpret safety rules, work procedures, technical instructions and technical references is a plus.
- Bill of Lading knowledge
- Ability to lift 70-100 pounds
- Bi-lingual preferred (English/Spanish)
Job Type: Full-time