Sylvan Learning is the leading provider of tutoring and supplemental education services to children of all ages, grades and skill levels. For 40 years our highly personalized and proven approach to learning has helped more than two million students discover their true potential.
Our talented employees take pride in the impact they make each day. When you become a member of the Sylvan team, you will work with caring, bright, motivated people who share a passion for helping students build the skills, habits and attitudes they need to succeed in school and in life.
We’re an organization that prides itself in instilling knowledge and confidence in each customer we meet! Join us, and be inspired! Ready to join our team? Apply today, and don't let this opportunity pass you by!
We are currently looking for an Assistant Director of Educational Services for 15-25 afternoon/evening hours each week and 8 hours every other weekend. To be successful in this role, you will partner with the existing team in place to champion the Sylvan developed curriculum, help to manage and ensure the quality of the education standards and teaching staff as well as grow the business in your center. Are you finishing college or maybe even retired from teaching, maybe this job is perfect for you! As a successful Assistant Director of Educational Services, you will:
Service Delivery and Growth of the Center(s):
Manage & Train:
- Act as a client champion.
- Partner with the other team members to meet and/or exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual earned revenue goals.
- Follow up on leads from the call center, return to active students, tested not yet enrolled students, etc.
- Handle incoming calls and successfully answer questions from clients and prospects.
- Work in conjunction with the Center Director/Enrollment Director to build additional Center revenue by maximizing referrals, previous students, and inquiries/tests that did not previously enroll.
- Help to manage and deliver ongoing conferences to maintain parent commitment to program and secure additional sales.
- Assist the Center Director/Enrollment Director in conferencing new enrollments (including Welcome Conferences) as needed.
- Work in conjunction with the Center Director/Director of Enrollment to manage growth opportunities and execute off site instruction and seminars.
- Along with Center Director/Director of Enrollment, coordinate marketing activities in schools and the surrounding community.
- Administer skills assessment; analyze testing results and complete summaries.
- Assist in writing appropriate goals for students based on initial testing while continuing to monitor students throughout their curriculum to adjust their learning path as needed based on input from teachers, parents/responsible parties, and progress assessments.
- Administer progress tests correctly and write progress reports accurately.
- Help to proactively analyze and conduct prescription quality reviews on an ongoing basis to ensure success of every student.
- May be asked to discuss student progress with Sylvan teachers and Student’s School teachers prior to parent conference(s).
- Jointly interview, train, and manage Center and off site employees (instructors and other Center staff as needed).
- Jointly motivate and continually develop Center and off site employees (i.e., teacher of the month, ‘atta boys’, etc…); assist in leading staff meetings (Monthly or quarterly with agenda and training).
- Work in conjunction with the other team members and other centers to demonstrate and uphold a high level of staff morale and spirit; ensure the professional appearance of the Center and all off-site employees.
- May be asked to generate the weekly instructor schedules striving to maintain a 3:1 table ratio at the Center and any off site locations.
- Maintain knowledge of all Sylvan academic programs; help to coordinate the training of all these programs for all team members; including the Center Director. Assist in maintaining education materials.
- Monitor and report education statistics as needed (e.g., length of stay, ratio, holds, disenrolls).
- Work in conjunction with Center Director/Director Enrollment/Franchisee to understand and execute to budget to adhere to the profit and loss statement.
- Work in conjunction with Center Director/Director Enrollment/Franchisee to monitor and track Center performance, revenues, expenses, and fee collection.
- Work in conjunction with Center Director/Director Enrollment to maintain accurate accounting records, including the collection and depositing of payments as needed.
- Work in conjunction with Center Director/Director Enrollment to ensure timely delivery of billing and tuition information to students and families.
What you get in return:
- A Bachelor’s degree (or nearly completed).
- Prefer one year or more of related experience (educational/sales and marketing), with a strong focus on customer service.
- Excellent verbal communication and persuasive skills, and the ability to build relationships.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts, analyze/interpret business reports and statistics, and write reports and business correspondence.
- Effective problem-solving skills as well as ability to multi-task.
- Excellent presentation skills required with the ability to present product benefits in a clear and enthusiastic manner.
- Understand how to leverage relationships in support of sales, referrals.
- Consultative Solutions-Orientation-Able to craft and communicate a value proposition as products and solutions expand which aligns with strategic initiatives of schools and school districts.
- Organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs and Web based tools.
- Knowledge of general office equipment such as copiers, printers, and office phones.
- Experience using social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) preferred.
- Experience coaching and working in a team environment.
- Familiarity with instructional technology and tablet computers.
- Ability to manage to change and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to work evening hours and weekends. Flexibility needed in hours worked and may require up to 6 days per week, depending on needs and locations.
- Experience in education.
- Full active teaching credentials (or in process) are a plus but do not need to be current.
As a Sylvan team member, you’ll work in a fast-paced environment and make an impact on our business! More importantly, you'll make a difference to each customer and their long-term outcome. Our total rewards package includes:
- You control your hourly rate increases based on completed training. The hourly pay starting at $11 increasing to $11.25 after 90-days of successful performance with paid training along the way. You received increases for each training curriculum completed averaging $0.25 additional per hour, up to $14.5/hour. After each of the two Director trainings, hourly rate increases $0.50ea.
- Participation in the bonus plan.
- Flexible scheduling.
- Additionally, through on-the-job training and learning opportunities, you can develop your career at Sylvan and succeed with us in future roles!
If you want to be a part of an inspired organization that believes in fostering knowledge and confidence in children, improving the lives of thousands of families every day - apply today, and don’t let this opportunity pass you by!