This is an On Campus position.
Responsible for all instruction of students in all programs where applicable in accordance with established policies, procedures and established AHED requirements. The position reports directly to a Program Chair, Academic Dean, Director of Academic Operations for Online, and/or the Campus
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare and provide all lecture, laboratory and clinical instruction according to the required curriculum.
- Follow current course outlines, objectives, and evaluation mechanisms for the program and/or develop such when indicated by the Lead Instructor, Program Chair, Academic Dean and/or or Campus President (as applicable).
- Maintain a lesson plan of daily instructional events.
- Monitor student attendance and retention and document as required by the administration.
- Grade assignments, returning graded assignments to students, and assigning final grades for all students in a timely manner (i.e. less than 48 hours from the due date of the assignment/homework).
- Provide educational assistance to students during regularly scheduled times (i.e., office hours) or by appointment
- Substitute in classes when necessary.
- Advise students as it relates to school policies, satisfactory performance, etc. Maintain communication with the Lead Instructor, Program Chair, Academic Dean and/or Campus
President (as applicable) regarding such activity.
- Submit in writing current textbook, supply, and equipment needs to the appropriate supervisor.
- Monitor all equipment and supply inventory.
- Secure consumable supplies as well as educational materials from administrative office when needed.
- Maintain professional appearance.
- Communicate with the Lead Instructor, Program Chair, Academic Dean or Campus President
(as applicable) on all issues related to students.
- Maintain professional expertise (faculty development and professional growth) to meet accreditation standards by attending educational seminars in professional field; attending teaching improvement as provided including mandatory AHED online training and
Foundations of Teaching modules; reading current literature, attending online courses, etc.
Full Time Instructor – Job Description 11-2014
- Ensure that students follow the catalog guidelines daily.
- Attend all scheduled mandatory meetings.
- Serve on committees (e.g., curriculum development, retention, etc) as assigned based upon expertise or campus needs.
- Online Instruction: Ensure daily review of the course to monitor student participation, answer student questions and grade student work within 48 hours.
- Perform other duties as required.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Qualification dependent on program and class level
- Full time Instructor - Salaried Exempt
- Compensation dependent on experience, knowledge and education level
1. Full time faculty members at all locations are salaried employees.
2. In addition to the teaching platform duties full time faculty will be expected to engage in; tutoring, class preparation, curriculum development, faculty development (in- service, formal coursework, seminars, etc.), office hours, departmental meetings, substituting for colleagues (ad hoc short term substitution), and others. There is no additional compensation for these activities.
- Veterinary Technician: 4 years (Required)
Work Location: One location
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $50,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Maumee, OH 43537: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Vet Tech: 4 years (Required)
- Veterinary Technician Certification (Required)
Work Location: In person