Regular Full Time
Monday - Friday
Responsibilities / Essential Functions:
The Front Office Educator will develop and participate in the new hire training process, continuing education workshops, Patient Management/EHR/software education, process/workflow evaluation, development of new systems/current system functionality, and staff re-education. The Front Office Educator is a part of the Tennessee Oncology core education team. The Front Office Educator participates in the development and mentoring of staff. The Front Office Educator is involved in the development of policies, procedures, and education materials.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Researches, plans, organizes, and conducts training programs, seminars, and conferences for Front Office personnel.
- Administers and evaluates training program front office competency tests.
- Prepares and distributes training aids such as instructional material, handouts, evaluation forms, and visual aids; sets up audiovisual equipment; and makes presentations when necessary.
- Updates policies and procedures as needed as well as updates training materials based on system/policy and procedure changes.
- Collaborates with the education team, management, staff, and clinic operations leadership to develop clinic specific education/training plans and materials.
- Conducts new version functionality testing for any Tennessee Oncology systems, to include EHR/Patient Management systems.
- Supports end users in defining and resolving issues within any Tennessee Oncology systems, to include EHR/Patient Management systems.
- Contacts attendees and department representatives about training programs.
- Monitor, evaluate, and record training activities and program effectiveness.
- Offer specific training programs to help workers maintain or improve job skills.
- Develop alternative training methods if expected improvements are not seen.
- Organize and develop, or obtain, training procedure manuals and guides and course materials such as handouts and visual materials.
- Design, plan, organize, and direct orientation and training for employees.
- Schedule classes based on availability of classrooms, equipment, and instructors.
- Acts as a resource and liaison with other departments to improve education or workflow processes.
- Participate on or lead, as appropriate, assigned teams or committees.
- Facilitates role development, selection and ongoing education and training of front office preceptors and oversees the new hire onboarding process. Schedules meetings, trainings, and calls as appropriate.
- Prepares reports based on data retrieved from EHR/Patient Management system for management team.
- Acts as a positive role model to others by demonstrating behaviors that support Tennessee Oncology’s philosophy, mission and values. • Participate in departmental/organizational projects through attendance of meetings and FO representative in work groups concerning projects related to current systems/new functionality, workflow/process changes, or new systems being implemented, as directed by Front Office Operations Project Manager.
- Supports staff and backfills as a resource to any clinic in the department, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
• Ability to communicate professionally and effectively with executive leaders, directors, managers, employees, other departmental trainers, vendors and consultants by phone, in person, or through correspondence.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Ability to monitor/assess performance of self, other individuals, or organization to recommend improvements regarding workflow, processes and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate active listening, by giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, and asking questions as appropriate.
- Select and use training/instructional methods and procedures appropriate for the situation when learning or teaching new things.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems.
- Identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- Identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Adapt to new and/or changing environments, support innovation and change
- Strong presentation and public-speaking abilities
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate the work activities of a variety of individuals at a multitude of locations.
- Ability to be proactive, self-motivated, and self-directed
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of professionalism and efficiency
- Ability to meet deadlines in a highly active environment
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality and handle sensitive information
- Ability to build and maintain trusting relationships
- Excellent organizational skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, MS Project, and Word
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Position requires minimum of three years’ healthcare related experience
• Must be willing and able to lift to 25 pounds.
- Must be willing and able to travel to satellite clinics.