Adams Communication & Engineering Technology (ACET), Incorporated is a Veteran Owned Small Business (VOSB) system engineering and information technology firm, headquartered in Maryland and Virginia. Incorporated in 1999, we support mission critical Information Technology (IT) business needs for clients within the intelligence community (IC), Department of Defense (DOD), Veteran Administration (VA) and for select commercial clients. ACET, Inc.’s technical, programmatic, and analytical professionals are experts in commercial technology, customized solutions, and proprietary government systems.
ACET is seeking an Web Developer
for our Herndon, VA location.
ACET is in need of a Web Developer to provide support to all levels of component personnel with development, maintenance, workflow development, process engineering and technical support in WordPress. The position will require minimal content support for the Sponsor current internal website (Sharepoint) and external website (Joomla) along with a willingness to learn the Service Now application in support of current processes and transitions to include data migration. The individual is expected to use system engineering concepts of collecting, translating and developing to client requirements along with process engineering, problem solving abilities, excellent written, oral and presentation skills and a solid understanding of the overall Sponsor technical environment and tools.
Applicant must maintain an understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
Collaborate with management or users to develop e-commerce strategies and to integrate these strategies with web sites.
Renew domain name registrations. Designs, Develops, and Maintains applications within the cloud environment.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Ability to install and configure hypertext transfer protocol (HTTP) servers and associated operating systems.
- Ability to monitor security system performance logs to identify problems and notify security specialists when problems occur.
- Ability to develop databases that support web applications and web sites.
- Ability to perform web site tests according to planned schedules, or after any web site or product revisions.
- Ability to perform or direct web site updates, recommend and implement performance improvements, design and implement web site security measures such as firewalls or message encryption and establish appropriate server directory trees.
- Ability to identify or maintain links to and from other web sites and check links to ensure proper functioning.
- Ability to create searchable indices for web page content. Back up files from web sites to local directories for instant recovery in case of problems.
- Ability to write supporting code for web applications or web sites. Register web sites with search engines to increase web site traffic.
- Ability to develop or implement procedures for ongoing web site revision, and evaluate or recommend server hardware or software. Develop and document style guidelines for web site content.
- Candidates must have a Top Secret clearance with a poly to apply.
- All candidates must be a U.S. Citizen to apply.
ACET is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and VEVRAA Federal Contractor
- Demonstrated experience authoring SQL queries to pull and aggregate data.
- Ability to utilizing SQL Report Builder to produce executive level reports.
- Demonstrated experience setting up and configuring unique permissions, as well as item level security.
- Demonstrated experience performing data aggregation, analysis and reporting on small to mid-sized data sets.
- Understanding of design elements and principles. Experience with HTML and browser compatibility baselines.
- Knowledge of section 508 user accessibility guidelines. Experienced in website design, tuning, and development. Sharepoint 2010/2013, SharePoint Designer and third party tools.
- Communicate with network personnel or web site hosting agencies to address hardware or software issues affecting web sites.
- Ability to identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.