Shift: 11pm-7am - Includes one weekend a month.
Location: University Hospital ER Department
Salary Range Begins at: $12.46 - Offer amount based on experience
Full Benefit Eligible
To perform complex clerical work and supervise staff performing patient account or patient service activities. Provide leadership to insure accurate and timely processing of financial documents. These positions are located in offices where there is a high volume of public contact where, due to volume and type of services being provided, there exists the potential for highly stressful and challenging encounters. Present a professional image and communicate effectively.
- Act as liaison between management, health care providers and support staff to ensure communication between these groups. Instruct and advise support staff on changes in policies, procedures or working standards.
- Assist with performance monitoring and evaluations, interviewing, hiring, discipline, and termination decisions.
- Oversee and complete various department specific projects. Perform supervisor functions necessary to maintain daily operations during supervisor's absence.
- Provide leadership role to staff members utilizing knowledge gained through experience. Monitor daily workflow and production, adjusting priorities, requesting temporary help, adjusting schedules, and time off requests, as necessary.
- High School diploma or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired in necessary.
- Four or more years of customer service and or clerical experience are required. Education may be substituted in lieu of experience. Supervisory experience is preferred.
Applicants with diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $12.46 to $18.00 /hour