GENERAL DUTIES (not all inclusive):
- Is responsible for the safe and technically proficient operation of heavy equipment such as bulldozers, loaders, graders, snow blasters, traverse equipment, snow moving and grooming equipment.
- Operates heavy equipment as required, including the following activities: Grading, fill dirt collection, and snow removal Traverse and equipment recovery operations Runway construction and maintenance Off-loading vessels and vehicles.
- Lubricates, checks fluids, and performs safety inspection and minor maintenance as required prior to operation of any equipment.
- Arranges equipment maintenance according to manufacturer recommendations or as directed by the Vehicle Maintenance Facility and Supervisor, Fleet Operations.
- Tracks equipment hours and notifies fleet operations office foreman or cleric of impending maintenance requirements.
- Performs duties in support of Operations Division metrics (as provided by supervisor).
- Supports the achievement of ASC metrics, whether metrics are directly or indirectly affected by this position’s work activities.
- Complies with all ASC Environmental Health & Safety and Quality Assurance requirements and goals.
- Provides documentation to these divisions as necessary to ensure adequate legal documentation.
- Works to achieve ASC goals and contractual commitments.
- Performs physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of heavy equipment, crawling, and working outdoors.
- Snow shoveling required due to location of position.
- Implements and maintains a safe workplace program and ensures that safety is the highest priority in the workplace.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school graduate or equivalent is strongly preferred.
- Valid Driver's license required.
- Four years of experience as a heavy equipment operator (such as loaders, dozers, graders and tractors) is required.
- Must be willing and able to lift and move items, parts, assemblies and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum.
- Willingness and ability to deploy to Antarctica for extended periods is required.
- Must be willing and able to perform physical activities including heavy lifting, climbing in and out of equipment, crawling, and working outdoors.
- Must successfully complete the physical, dental and psychological (if applicable) examinations as required by the NSF for deploying to Antarctica.
- Must participate in community programs, such as “house-mouse” (chores), cleaning-up around the station, recycling efforts safety events and objectives.
- US citizenship or Permanent US Resident status is required.
Job Type: Contract
- Heavy Equipment Operator: 4 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)