SALARY AND BENEFITS:
The starting salary will be between $3,897.00/month to $5,474.00/month.
Cal State East Bay offers a broad range of benefits that includes medical, dental, vision, retirement (CalPERS), 401k, 457, 403(b), dependent and health care reimbursement accounts, life insurance, vacation and sick, 13 paid holidays, one personal holiday and tuition fee waiver.
For more information on the benefits program, please visit http://www.csueastbay.edu/af/departments/hr/benefits/index.html
ABOUT CAL STATE EAST BAY:
Cal State East Bay's beautiful main campus is located in the Hayward hills with panoramic views of the San Francisco Bay shoreline. Situated above the city of Hayward, the campus offers an ideal setting for teaching and learning and yet easy access to the many cities along the bay. The University has a satellite campus in Concord, a professional development center in Oakland and a significant presence online. Founded in 1957, Cal State East Bay is one of 23 universities of the California State University system (CSU). With an enrollment over 15,800 students, Cal State East Bay is recognized as a regionally engaged and globally oriented university with a strong commitment to academic innovation, student success, engaged and service learning, diversity, and sustainability.
The Cal State East Bay University Union is the gathering place for the campus community and its guests. Primarily student funded and supported, it is a place where students, faculty staff, alumni, and the community meet for meals, programs, services, and informal interaction.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Under the general supervision of the Director, University Union, the incumbent is responsible for the department's engagement endeavors throughout the University Union and the CSUEB campus. The incumbent is responsible for the operation and management of the Game Zone and Game Caves; Co-Administrator for the university's engagement software: BaySync; Coordinator of the University-Hour process and initiative; oversee the department's marketing efforts; and partnerships with other university departments/offices. The position will also be involved in unit strategic planning and development. The incumbent will also provide consulting, problem determination and resolution to staff and users of the University Union.
This is a temporary, full-time position through June 30, 2021, with the possibility of reappointment.
Marketing Project Management
- Oversee the general marketing efforts for the department.
- Publish weekly/monthly communication (in a variety of forms) to inform CSUEB community regarding updates in the University Union and the campus.
- Oversee and maintain all aspects of the Banner Display process.
- Oversee and maintain the marketing efforts on all technology opportunities throughout the University Union (charging stations, charging lockers, televisions, etc.).
- Manage and maintain the social media efforts on all technology opportunities throughout the University Union (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Provide lead work direction to 1-2 student assistants specifically charged with developing advertising and publicity for general marketing of the department.
- Manage the following websites: University Union, BaySync, U-Hour.
- Manage any additional special projects related to Marketing.
Game Zone/Cave Supervision
- Assist in the recruiting, hiring, training and scheduling of all GameZone/Cave staff.
- Assess staff needs and provide support and training where needed.
- Provide general oversight of all related area facilities including the GameZone (billiards, air hockey, shuffleboard) and the GameCave (video game console room).
- Plan and execute quarterly tournaments, special events, and other activities.
- Create and enforce UU and GameZone/Cave facility policies for staff and members.
- Compile and maintain detailed reports including usage and tournament participation.
- Maintain inventory of equipment, games, and supplies.
- Conduct assessments to ensure GameZone/GameCave is meeting needs of attendees.
- Co-produce related activities/events with other UU areas and/or campus departments as appropriate.
- Work with the Game Zone/Game Cave staff to manage marketing efforts for all activities, events, and services as needed.
BaySync Software Management
- Serve as a co-Campus Administrator for the BaySync engagement software.
- Serve as technical and administrative liaison for the BaySync software to the campus community.
- Manage technical/user account issues. Communicate with users and IT as needed.
- Manage department and user processes as needed.
- Run User contests.
- Serve as a campus trainer on the software, presenting a variety of training sessions to student organizations, campus departments, faculty, staff and students.
- Create a variety of training documents that aid in the overall success of training the varied populations that use BaySync.
- Create and publish regular communication to BaySync users.
- Serve on the Implementation Committee for BaySync.
University Hour Coordination
- Coordinate the overall structure of the campus' University Hour.
- Communicate to the campus community regarding University Hour updates as needed.
- Manage programming/event/meeting calendars for University Hour, marketing and communicating to the campus community.
- Collect, assess, create and report statistics related to University Hour usage for the campus.
- Attend meetings related to the coordination of University Hour.
- Manage evaluation methods and systems for University Hour.
Additional Support Functions
- Develop liaison relationships with other University departments to coordinate efforts where appropriate.
- Serve on University committees as appropriate.
- Assist in fiscal projections and plans to meet long-range goals and objectives of the department; evaluate and report on progress toward goals and objectives.
- Prepare annual expenditure plans for use in budgeting and long range planning.
- Serve as emergency back-up for other functional areas as needed.
- Respond to routine requests for information.
- Refer specific questions and/or problems to appropriate university and department personnel.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to use a proficient level of software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, and database management.
- Demonstrated ability to use independent thinking and judgment on technical matters related to assignments and responsibilities.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and deliver presentations, technical training, and written documentation.
- Demonstrated ability to assist others on assignments and to provide work guidance and training.
- Demonstrated ability to use good verbal communication skills, customer service and public relations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use English grammar, business writing, technical writing skills, punctuation and spelling.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple work priorities, organizes, and plan work and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and appropriately handle sensitive data and communications.
- A valid California Driver's license is required within three months of the date of hire for the
operation of any vehicle required for this position.
- Must be able to complete the Defensive Drivers Training Program provided by the State of
California for CSU campuses.
Requires general knowledge and skills in the applicable administrative and/or programfield with a foundational knowledge of public administration principles, practices, and methods. This foundation would normally be obtained through a bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training and administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
HOW TO APPLY:
- Bachelor's degree.
- Possession of broad knowledge and skills in marketing, gaming and training.
- Ability to provide lead work direction to student assistants.
- Experience working in a college environment.
In addition to the standard Cal State East Bay application, please submit a:
1. Cover letter
3. List of three (3) or more professional references
Resumes alone will not be accepted in lieu of a completed online application.
To apply on-line, please go to www.csueastbay.edu/jobs. If you are a first time user, you must register, create a user ID and password, fill in your basic information, save and click on the position you are interested in, click on the "Apply Now" button to begin the online application.
This position will remain open until filled and may close without further notice.
Applicants will receive a confirmation of receipt via automatic email reply regarding their application materials. In addition, all applicants who were not selected will receive email notification at the conclusion of the recruitment process. Please be patient as this process may take several weeks.
CONDITION(S) OF EMPLOYMENT:
Satisfactory completion of a background check that may include, but is not limited to: criminal records check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, certificates, credit history, professional references and/or verification of work history is required for employment. Cal State East Bay will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Unsatisfactory results may also affect the continued employment of current Cal State East Bay employees who were conditionally offered the position.
All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate.
All California State University campuses, including Cal State East Bay, are smoke and tobacco-free. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csueastbay.edu/smokeandtobaccofree/
In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, the Cal State East Bay Annual Campus Security Report is available at: http://www.csueastbay.edu/upd/safety-and-security-reports.html
The incumbent in this position may be considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and will be required to comply with requirements set forth in the CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Cal State East Bay is not a sponsoring agency for Staff or Management positions.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Cal State East Bay does not discriminate on the basis of any protected categories: age, ancestry, citizenship, color, disability, gender, immigration status, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran's status. The University is committed to the principles of diversity in employment and to creating a stimulating learning environment for its diverse student body.