Full-timeEstimated: $37,000 - $47,000 a year
- Opportunities for advancement
- Continuous improvement
- Resident's rights
Full Job Description
The simple act of caring is heroic.
The Masonic Homes has opened a new 28 bed extended Assisted Living and Memory Care Unit. We are looking for Caregivers to staff our new Pavilion medical facility.*
The Masonic Homes of California is a continuing care retirement community that offers social services outside of our campuses. We are committed to a culture of person-centered care that makes a profound difference in the lives of our clients. We call this the Masonic Homes Way, and it is founded upon the pillars of Safety, Personal Connection, Experience, and Efficiency. From our line staff to our leaders, we strive to demonstrate excellence in serving our clients and value high-quality job performance, professional development, workplace safety, and client and employee satisfaction. We are team-oriented, caring, and honest. We are dedicated to disciplined innovation and continuous quality improvement and are committed to sharing our knowledge and attracting the best and brightest talent for our Assisted Living Community.
The Caregiver reports to the Pavilion Manager.
- Assists residents to ensure their cleanliness, grooming, nourishment, rest, activity, mobility, transfer, and elimination is performed in a manner conducive to the residents’ safety and comfort in accordance to the residents’ plan of care.
- Recognizes and respects the individual emotional, social, and cultural needs of residents including their religious beliefs.
- Adapts care giving to build on individual resident strengths and abilities, using and modeling appropriate behavioral intervention techniques with residents.
- Keeps alert to residents’ condition and reports changes in the residents’ attitudes, appearance, behavior, and physical ability the Nurse in charge.
- Performs selected nursing procedures that do not require professional evaluation as assigned and instructed by the Nurse in charge.
- Practices conservation of equipment and supplies, keeping them clean and ready for use. Reports any equipment and supply needs to the Nurse in charge.
- Ensures that call lights/ alarms are within residents’ reach and promptly answers call signals. Anticipates residents’ needs and makes rounds routinely to assigned residents.
- Assists residents in their recreational activities, and as needed escorts residents throughout the facility. Assists in escorting residents to and from medical appointments as requested by the Pavilion Manager
- Keeps written notes of specific assignments and records pertinent information about the residents. Enters all appropriate resident data in the medical record timely and accurately.
- Communicates and cooperates with co-workers, residents, and other facility employees. Establishes good working relationships with all departments. Practices good teamwork.
- Accountable for maintaining a good record of attendance and punctuality.
- Accountable for following Masonic Homes safety policies.
- Conveys information in a concise, accurate, and understandable manner. Displays attentiveness, tact, and diplomacy in responding to others.
- Actively participates in meetings and education programs
- Ensures that residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self determination, individuality, privacy, property, and civil rights, including the right to wage a complaint, are well established and maintained at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality of appropriate resident care information to assure their rights are protected.
- Reports all incidents/accidents, unsafe and hazardous conditions/equipment immediately. Follows established safety rules and regulations. Maintains work area in a clean, orderly and safe manner.
- As part of our commitment to health and safety for staff and residents, we require staff to be vaccinated for COVID19. We can assist you in obtaining your vaccination during the hiring process.
At the Masonic Homes you will have the opportunity to combine your passion for helping people and high ethical standards with the opportunities to advance your career.
In return for your skills and passion, we offer:
- Work at a Top Place to Work focused on teamwork and support
Job Type: Full-time