The Lead Enterprise Architect is responsible for the development maintenance of the HHSC IT roadmaps. The Strategy Lead is selected by and accountable to the Chief Technology Officer and manages the strategy team.
Essential Job Functions:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Knowledge Skills Abilities:
- Leads the development of IT roadmaps for the agency to address desired business process and technology improvements. Promotes and supports program area needs within IT. Develops productive working relationships with all program areas. Understands program are needs and identifies opportunities for improvement. Maintains vision for all roadmaps, evaluates and identifies dependencies across roadmaps, and determines priorities. (40%)
- Translates high level concepts into discrete projects. Strategizes with product development teams to transform projects into workable solutions. Provides cost estimates, cost-benefit analysis, and risk assessments for all projects. (40%)
- Hires and manages staff and recommends appropriate personnel actions. Provides direct reports with work assignments, clear direction on responsibilities and performance expectations. Conducts performance evaluations. Oversees the development and advancement of staff through training and development plans. (20%)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of project management processes and tools.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, budget management, and human resource management.
- Knowledge of multiple software development lifecycle methodologies including agile.
- Knowledge of change management and incident management processes.
- Knowledge of leadership principles and how to effectively interact with various leadership styles.
- Knowledge of management principles.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations relevant to program areas and information technology.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of public administration and management.
- Knowledge of tools and methods used to measure, track, and forecast resource capacity. Experience mobilizing people, processes, tools and defining and deploying key performance indicators (KPI’s).
- Preferred knowledge of SB20 procurement rules and the Texas Project Delivery Framework and QAT processes and requirements.
- Skill in establishing plans and setting objectives and goals that support an overall business strategy.
- Skill in written communication and public speaking. Skill in managing multiple priorities. Skill in structured problem-solving techniques (e.g. 5-Why Analysis, Affinity, 8-Disciplines, etc.)
- Skill in identifying problems, evaluating alternatives, and implementing solutions. Skill in working collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse groups.
Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Initial Selection Criteria:
- Ability to think creatively and support creative thinking in others.
- Ability to establish mission, vision, goals and objectives for an organization.
- Ability to plan, assign, evaluate and motivate the work of others to build strong and collaborative teams.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with staff at all levels of an organization, agencies, providers, stakeholders and elected officials.
- Ability to develop and implement effective customer service systems.
- Ability to manage contracts and vendor relationships.
- Ability to organize and present information effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to lead in an environment of change and develop effective operating procedures and improve processes.
- Ability to convey complex technical information simply and concisely.
- Ability to assemble data, assess data, and make decisions based on data relationships and trends. Knowledge of and experience using six sigma, or other statistical analysis tools.
- Experience and ability to communicate and present to executive boards and steering committees.
- Ability to envision manual processes in an automated form and drive toward automated solutions to replace manual processes.
- Required knowledge of Project Management tools such as Planview, Innotas, or MSProject.
- Ability and knowledge of project management performance indicators, specifically Earned Value Management. Knowledge and ability of product, portfolio, and project management practices.
At least 5 years of progressively responsible full time professional experience in technology infrastructure and operations
There are no direct military occupation(s) that relate to the responsibilities, and registration or licensure requirements for this position. All active duty, reservists, guardsmen, and veterans are encouraged to apply if they meet the qualifications for this position.
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form - Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.