Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Reimbursement/Billing Experience Preferred
Manages the Pharmacy Business Operations to ensure Parklands financial resources are secured while providing high quality patient care and customer service.
- Must have a Bachelors degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or a related field.
- Prefer a Masters degree in a related field.
Equivalent Education and/or Experience:
- Must have five years of experience in a hospital, financial institution, or related organization.
- Prefer prior experience with hospital and clinic pharmacy billing and reimbursement.
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for both the education and the experience requirements.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-700.A: National Incident Management System (NIMS) An Introduction within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-100.HCB: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS 100) for Healthcare/Hospitals within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must have Federal Emergency Management Administration (FEMA) course certification for IS-200.HCA: Applying ICS to Healthcare Organizations (ICS 200) within 30 days of placement in role.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of health care management, admitting management, Medicaid, Medicare and commercial insurance collections.
- Must be familiar with accounting, auditing methods, and financial systems management.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be proficient with word processing and spread sheet software.
- Must show evidence of good basic personal computer skills.
- Must have good organizational skills and good people management skills.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.