Hi, we’re Canary… a New York City startup transforming the way people connect to the physical places they care about. Our first product—a video-based all-in-one home security solution—launched in 2015 after setting records as one of the most successful crowdfunded products on Indiegogo. We've continued to build and launch award-winning hardware products and user-friendly software in the connected home and IoT space. Our products are available throughout the US, UK, and Europe and we have a global (and growing) base of active and engaged users. We're currently building a platform that will scale to process more real time video, audio, and sensor data than any consumer product on the market.
We are seeking a self starting Ecommerce Product Manager on our Product, Design, and Marketing team. In this role, you’ll own the strategy, product roadmaps, website enhancements, and business outcomes for Canary’s direct sales channel. You’ll work closely with the head of digital marketing and sales team to set targets and conduct analysis to grow revenue from our website - both hardware and subscription service revenue. You’ll help lead and shape our thinking around how to grow the e-commerce business and move to a next-gen site focused on attracting and converting more customers.
We’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced startup environment, is hyper-organized, and has a bias toward action.
The Product Manager - E-commerce will be an integral part of Canary’s Product, Design, and Marketing team.
What You'll Be Up To:
- Partner with the product design, engineering, and marketing leads to define the site’s roadmap
- Optimize our site to convey information about Canary's products and services and sell them, then test, optimize, test, optimize, test, and optimize some more
- Define and analyze metrics that inform the success of the site's components and filter learning back into site development
- Facilitate priority discussions and decisions across multiple functional teams
- Document, define, and communicate objectives, requirements and constraints for e-commerce initiatives and releases
- Deliver simple and intuitive user experiences with product design and engineering
- Clearly communicate development status, plans, tradeoffs, and progress toward milestones
- Drive definition of and execution against strategy, marketing, and product goals
- Maximize efficiency in a creative and fast-moving environment
- Manage cross-functional projects for the roadmap, including mobilizing members of the product team (as well as connecting with stakeholders outside of the core product team)
- Work closely with business, design, marketing, and technical stakeholders and manage external support agencies
What You'll Need To Have:
- 2- to 3-year product management experience developing, optimizing, and shipping e-commerce experiences is required. Bonus points if this experience was within a startup environment or involved consumer electronics.
- An analytical and metrics-driven work style; you should breathe data
- Knowledge of A/B testing, and other experimental design
- Experience with Google Analytics, Sumo, Optimizely, Google Content Experiments, and similar tools
- You excel at Excel; SQL knowledge a plus
- The ability to put up your own Sumo landing page or run a simple experiment without needing to ask a developer to do it
- Strong problem solving-skills
- Self-starter, leadership qualities, and proactive/entrepreneurial style
- Superior organizational and communication skills
- Great design instincts
- Bias towards action, great collaborator, and master communicator
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and tackle a problem directly
- A never-ending desire to learn and grow
- Passion for Canary and our mission
What Can We Give You?
- Comprehensive health insurance
- Flexible work hours
- Unlimited vacation
- Reimbursement for commuter costs
- A beautiful downtown office space with views of the Freedom Tower, Woolworth Building, and more
Job Type: Full-time
- Product Management: 2 years (Required)