Loon, LLC is a network of balloons traveling on the edge of space, designed to connect people in rural and remote areas, help fill coverage gaps, and bring people back online after disasters.
As a Product Strategy and Operations Manager, you'll help set the direction, design processes and execute on goals that will enable Loon’s progress. Your mission is to integrate thinking and action across the organization to support planning, execution and success.
Loon is on a mission to connect people everywhere by inventing and integrating audacious technology. A network of balloons traveling on the edge of space, Loon combines advancements in materials science, atmospheric modeling, machine learning, and communications systems to expand connectivity to unserved and underserved areas around the world. Loon is the newest independent company within Alphabet.
- Articulate business and go-to-market strategies into quarterly and yearly plans.
- Architect cross-functional interfaces across business, General and Administrative and technical disciplines to ensure Loon executes effectively and scales to achieve business goals.
- Own the portfolio management process to prioritize product initiatives across business lines for Loon, with objective progress tracking and clear communication of goals, roadmaps, resources and blockers.
- Support business and decision-making processes at the executive and board levels.
- Enable an inclusive, diverse, and values-driven culture by creating the tools and experiences to foster an open dialogue around strategy, execution and accountability.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of work experience.
- 3 years of experience in product commercialization support, product management, program management, sales strategy or operations. Experience with process design and scaling a start-up or post-merger management.
- Experience in bringing a technical product line to market.
- 10 years of experience in strategy, operations, consulting, product management or similar within a technically complex environment.
- Project Management Professional (PMP), PMI and/or Six Sigma certification.
- Experience in working in multiple cultural contexts (e.g., emerging markets in Africa, Latin America and South East Asia).
- Experience in growing an organization’s capabilities necessary for product development and deployment, with the ability to effectively partner with cross-functional teams.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies:
Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.