Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
TO APPLY VISIT THE COMPLETE DESCRIPTION AT:
Candidates for employment must complete an official application form. The application may be downloaded at http://wvde.state.wv.us/wvde-vacancies/.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide instruction in culinary arts.
2. Implement adopted program of study.
3. Foster a classroom climate conducive to learning.
4. Utilize instructional management systems models which increase student learning.
5. Monitor student progress towards mastery of instructional objectives and goals.
6. Promote and maintain positive student-teacher and interagency lines of communication.
7. Meet professional responsibilities.
8. Comply with host agency’s policies and procedures for security, health, and safety.
9. Assist with efficient operations of the school.
10. Integrate educational plan with the total treatment plan.
11. Maintain and upgrade professional skills.
12. Participate in required security training.
13. Provide integration of academic and vocational skills.
14. Maintain appropriate tool control utilizing proper inventory and security of all tools, equipment, and consumable supplies.
15. Teach job keeping, job seeking, and career planning skills.
16. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. Holds or qualifies for a WV Professional Teaching Certificate in Culinary Arts, Food Service, or Food Preparation.
Completion of a full year of training from an approved education program in the specialization may count toward a half year of work experience requirements. Relevant teaching experience may count as equal to work experience requirements.
2. Possesses the knowledge, skills and abilities to successfully: (a) perform the job requirements; (b) work within the special setting of an institution for troubled youth; and (c) work as part of an education and rehabilitation team in concert with others.
3. Knowledge of Option Pathway and virtual course delivery.
1. Experience in teaching troubled, at risk, or incarcerated youth offenders.
2. Experience in working in an interagency setting.
3. Experience working in a commercial foods setting.
SALARY: $36,492.50 - $67,096.70 Based on the 2017-2018 Mineral County Salary Schedule commensurate with educational level and years of experience.
CLOSING DATE FOR RECEIVING OF APPLICATION: June 25, 2018 @ 4 p.m.
DISCRIMINATION PROHIBITED: The West Virginia Department of Education does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, disability, age and national origin in employment and in administration of any of its education programs and activities. Inquiries may be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (304) 558-2702or to the Section 504 Coordinator at (304) 558-2696, West Virginia Department of Education, 1900 Kanawha Boulevard, East, Charleston, West Virginia 25305; or to the Office of Civil Rights at (215) 656 8541[TDD (877) 521-2172], U.S. Department of Education, 100 Penn Square East, Suite 515, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19107-3323.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $36,492.50 to $67,096.70 /year
Required work authorization: