LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Duties & Responsibilities
Mechanical Assembly Technician II:
- Assembles components for aviation and ground vehicle fuel systems.
- Reads and understands mechanical assembly drawings, work orders, work instructions and manufacturing orders.
- Initiates Non Conformance Report requests for drawings, shop orders, work instructions and manufacturing orders.
- Disassembles and cleans components for aviation and ground vehicle systems
- Tests and troubleshoots sub-systems and complete assemblies.
- Operates a broad variety of equipment and hand/power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Packages/Crates components and fuel systems using proper packing procedures and prepares packages/crates for shipping.
- Interacts with Quality and Supply Chain as required.
- Marginal duties may include the following:
o General and detailed cleaning of the production floor, i.e. sweeping, mopping, waxing, emptying garbage cans, etc.
- Adherence to Export Control and Technology Control Plan (TCP) as applicable to job function
- Adherence to Compliance Plan and Employee Policy Manual
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover nor contain a static listing of activities, duties or responsibilities. Additional duties may be assigned.
in addition to the above:
- Ability to accomplish duties and responsibilities with minimal or intermittent supervision
- Screens assembly of sub-system components and complete assemblies.
- Screens packaging/ crating process for proper materials and ensures packaging/ crating is prepared for shipping.
- Assists with training and on-the-job learning initiatives for lesser experienced Mechanical Assembly Technicians
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Mechanical Assembly Technician II: High School Diploma or GED equivalent; and a minimum of two (2) years of experience in a Manufacturing role combined with the demonstrated ability to perform level I and II tasks per the training matrix; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
Professional Qualifications Required:
- Must be familiar with basic tools related to this position.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprint dimensions and specifications.
- Must be able to use specialty tools such as torque wrench, gauges, measuring devices.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures in a mechanical assembly environment.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from colleagues
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint; Project and Access as required)
- Mathematical understanding consistent with the educational requirements
- Ability to read, write and communicate clearly and effectively in English
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Ability to use various tools to identify and solve problems
- Strong customer service and company culture/ reputation orientation Preferred:
- A&P license, Forklift experience, Electro-Mechanical or Mechanical Assembly certification, or other related certification.
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to walk, sit, stand, squat, bend and kneel. The incumbent is occasionally required to climb. The incumbent must regularly lift or carry a maximum of 75 pounds; as well as push or pull a maximum of 200 pounds. The incumbent will regularly use hand tools including but not limited to wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers, spray guns, brushers, rollers, rulers, and calipers. The incumbent will occasionally use power tools including but not limited to drills, mixers, computers, hoists, golf carts and forklifts.
While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly exposed to mechanical parts and occasionally exposed to dirty working conditions, heat or cold ranging between 40 and 100 degrees ambient conditions, minimal exposure to vapors or fumes, and dust shavings. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The incumbent is required to wear PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) including Nitrile gloves, dust mask, safety glasses, protective clothing, goggles, and work gloves.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.50 - $19.00 per hour
- Manufacturing: 2 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Are you experienced with basic tools?
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is:
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma