Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing BB&T Accessibility or by calling 866-362-6451. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
3rd Shift - 15% Automatic Pay Differential (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
Shift hours: Friday – Sunday, 7pm – 7:15am and Monday, 7pm – 1:15am
Shift Hours: Friday - Sunday, 7am - 7:15pm and Monday, 7am - 1:15pm
Great Early Career opportunity!
Under minimal supervision, coordinate the Data Center production environment to ensure a “best-practices” flow of enterprise data processing. Manage, monitor and control the processing of programs on mainframe and/or distributed computer systems to ensure the attainment of the highest levels of service and system availability. Responsible for complex analysis and resolution of escalated problems within the function.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Monitor the processing of programs on mainframe and on the distributed computer systems to ensure system availability and stability are constant.
2. Responsible for complex analysis of scheduled batch processing to ensure continued uninterrupted flow of mission critical applications.
3. Ensure that production batch cycles have appropriate measures in place to ensure timely execution of data files and availability.
4. Perform ad-hoc scheduling requests and validation of batch processing within the production and test environments
5. Perform incident management, resolution and if necessary escalation, for any and all abnormal occurrences within the mainframe and distributed production and tests environments. Production Support incident management includes, but not limited to, critical application and processing disruption. Determination of impact is an immediate reaction and addressed appropriately to alleviate potential impact to Lines of Business, clients, and avoid possibility of institutional reputation impact.
6. Assist and collaboration with other departments in support of project goals.
7. Develop and maintain documentation for supporting team processes and procedures.
8. Develop, document, and execute disaster recovery plan.
9. Support training of less experienced personnel.
10. Support expectations of 24x7 availability for supported infrastructure
11. Perform other job duties as assigned
Additional Job knowledge skills:
CA ESP, ZEKE, CYBERMATION ESP, CA 7, CA ESP, Job scheduling, batch processing monitoring, etc….
TSO, SDSF, JES2, & MVS Commands
Host and Distributed platforms
Z/OS 10, Z/VM, OS/390, JCL, CICS
ServiceNow and ITIL preferred.
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in computer science or relevant field, or equivalent education and related training
2. Three years of relevant experience in information technology
3. Grounded understanding of applied enterprise computing technology
4. Advanced knowledge of data flow, mainframe/client server systems, problem analysis and systems tuning
5. Fluency of job control language
6. Resourcefulness in multi-tasking, anticipating needs, developing creative solutions and researching/synthesizing information to resolve problems
7. Capacity to acquire complex technical concepts through training and self-study
8. Good interpersonal and communication skills
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight