Anagram leads the world in making balloons fun with consumer-inspired - and inspiring - product development, industry-expanding innovation and strong, value-added partnerships.
We proudly offer many products you'll only find with an Anagram label. Our dedicated-to-the joy employees are focused on creating the best product and the biggest smiles possible.
At Anagram, we strive to create joy, on purpose, every single day, and are looking to add to our team
The Visual/Industrial Designer works closely with the Creative Director and team to generate visually appealing merchandising vehicles and media content for fun and creative retail spaces.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Style, design, engineer and build a wide range of product statements in retail and trade environments.
- Communicate ideas verbally and visually with drawings.
- Create an environment and visual story for the product statements, focusing on toys and party goods.
- Evaluate feasibility of design ideas, based on factors such as appearance, function, budget, safety, production methods and market characteristics.
- Present designs and cost estimates to Creative Director.
- Work with team to build, finish and install designs on location – some travel necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Education Required:
- 2-4 year degree in Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Furniture Design, Fine Arts (drawing, painting, sculpture) or like.
- Must be able to conceptually explore ideas through drawing (Wacom tablet experience preferred).
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques (rapid prototyping [3-D printing], vacuum forming, CNC milling / cutting and basic carpentry skills) a plus.
- Finishing experience (paint, wood, metal, foam, applied graphics) a plus.
- Must possess stellar problem-solving skills, as well as keen spatial and visual abilities.
- Various current software expertise required but not limited to: Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketchbook Pro, Solidworks (or similar 3-D application), 2-D CAD applications and general office applications. Mac Environment.
- Dedication to visual presentation, disciplined work ethic and attention to detail a must.
- Ability to both self-motivate and work closely with team.
- Travel required, ranging from 2-10 days per month.
*This position works out of our Studio NEXT location in Minneapolis, MN
Anagram offers an array of generous benefits, including:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401 (k) with Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Company Paid Time Off
- Group Term Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Free Balloons
- and more!
Job Type: Full-time