Kimbrough Ambulatory Care Center, Fort Meade,MD
Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI Tech)
SRL TotalSource, LLC is a Federal Contracting Employer who provides medical services to the Department of Defense. This is a long-term contract that will start after a successful background check is completed.
- MRI Technicians shall meet or exceed reasonable standards of professional practice for the health care concerned as determined by the authority that governs military medical professionals in the same disciplines
- Performs MRI studies on various vendor MRI equipment
- Performs MRI studies only on those ordered by the physicians; checks the patient’s images with the radiologist
- Reviews each digital image for diagnostic quality and transmits images to Picture Archive & Communication System (PACS) for appropriate radiologist for interpretation; retakes digital images if image/film quality compromises the board-certified/eligible (BC/E) radiologist's ability to accurately interpret the examination; final determination of examination quality rests with the radiologist
- Checks with the MRI Supervisor to ascertain the day's scanning procedures
- Arrives patients and sets up and adjusts MRI equipment to meet the requirements of the request
- Screens patients; review old images and/or reports; calls and receives patients and explains procedures
- Positions patient and scans the patient as outlined in the MRI SOP
- Processes images and fills out a technologist preliminary form according to exam performed
- Sanitizes equipment per Infection Control guidelines and prepares exam room for next patient that includes obtaining clean linen, and removing dirty linen
- Arranges inpatient transportation when required
- Performs proper operator level preventive and corrective maintenance on the MRI equipment; reports all preventive maintenance issues, system failures, and variances to the supervisor
- Reports any patient's need of immediate medical attention; findings from emergency response shall be immediately reported to the officer in charge of the MRI section
- Attends and participates in all department meetings, staff conferences, and other appropriate professional activities as required by the supervisor
- Refers all ambiguous procedures or requisitions to the supervisor
- Respects a patient's right to refuse the examination; if the patient does not want the procedure performed, the request will be recorded in the exam order and brought to the attention of the requesting physician and the attending radiologist
- Brings all equipment malfunctions immediately to the attention of supervisor
- Will input their hours worked into the system on a daily or weekly basis
- Shall participate in administrative or clinical duties as requested or needed to ensure sustainment of normal clinical operations and ensure compliance with Joint Commission (JC) standards
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Be a registered MRI Technologist by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) with (R) and (MR) specific disciplines certification.
- Formal education as recommended by the Joint Review Committee of Education in Radiologic Technology that has been approved by the Committee on allied Health Education and accreditation (CAHEA). The program of formal education should be 24 months in length of equivalent.
- Must have, and maintain, current certification in Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) as certified by the American Heart Association (AHA)
- Minimum of one year of hands-on experience in MRI imaging with any type of vendor MRI equipment while performing all types of MRI exams within the last 24 months.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
SRL TotalSource, LLC is committed to providing equal opportunity in employment to all employees and applicants for employment. SRL will not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment based on a person’s race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, medical/physical status or disability, or military status.