The Store Maintenance position is to maintain the station/store cleanliness, to complete station level maintenance tasks to help the station operate properly and efficiently, and to maintain assigned inventory such as ice according to company requirements. They will help maintain cleanliness and operations at all times resulting in satisfied repeat customers.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reports for work at scheduled time, with a clean, neat, well-groomed appearance.
- Performs assigned cleaning and maintenance tasks according to schedule and by company procedures, without constant supervision to maintain the company cleanliness and operational standards.
- Completes training on safety and maintenance procedures in order to safely and efficiently operate equipment and complete tasks such as filter changes, break-a-ways, hose and nozzle changes, operating pressure washer, etc.
- Knows where and how to use the emergency “Shut Off’ switch for fuel pumps and how to use a fire extinguisher properly and safely.
- Reviews daily, weekly and monthly tasks schedules and responds to tasks, which must be completed in a timely manner.
- Keeps grounds clean and free of oil and other residue and debris.
- Reports any safety problems immediately to the manager or assistant manager.
- Maintains a regular cleaning schedule of equipment, dispensers, and areas.
- Should a customer request help in pumping fuel, offers assistance and keeps a pleasant, friendly attitude at all times.
- Bags ice according to station/store needs (if they make ice); maintains ice bag inventory in ice merchandiser for customers.
- Checks with manager periodically for alternate direction or to report problems such as fuel leaks or water leaks.
- Remains calm and poised when dealing with unpredictable situations and rude customers.
- Completes all station/store tasks and activities assigned by manager or assistant manager in a prompt, cooperative, and safe way.
- Follows all safety procedures for use of cleaning chemicals and fuel products.
- Follows all safety, environmental and company policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates teamwork and cooperation with customers and fellow employees.
- Completes all shift tasks and activities as required to meet company standards.
- Must have a customer-centric, friendly, service attitude.
- Ability to stand from long periods of time without breaks.
- Ability to perform basic math functions (adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, fractions, percentages); understanding volume, pounds, etc.is required.
- Ability to stoop, bend, stretch, and lift inventory and equipment up to 50 pounds to perform job and move merchandise and supplies, as directed.
- Be able to see, read, comprehend and follow directions on cleaning supplies and equipment.
- Ability to hear, understand, and respond to requests and to communicate information clearly using the English language.
- Be able to work all assigned shifts.
General Manager and Assistant General Manager
Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the U.S.