We are seeking a full-time Dietitian to join our Culinary Services Team to work in a skilled nursing facility. Monday-Friday, day shift with occasional weekends as needed. This exciting position will provide you with a unique opportunity to gain management experience and exposure to long term care, with the main focus being Medical Nutritional Therapy.
The Registered Dietitian will provide clinical nutrition services to residents and ensure resident satisfaction, proper diet maintenance, quality care, regulatory compliance and good public relations. In addition, they will have oversight of the Culinary Services Department.
- Provides clinical nutrition services including nutrition assessment, modified diet formulation, self-management training and nutrition intervention to residents.
- Assesses the nutritional status of residents through documentation in the medical record.
- Develops, revises and individualizes nutrition care plan based on information from the resident, medical record, family and health care team members.
- Advises department on resident care and food service matters.
- Oversees the kitchen supervisor
- Complies with all regulatory standards, including federal, state and accrediting agencies and adheres to facility confidentiality, HIPAA regulations, and resident rights policies.
- Participates in facility-wide and departmental Quality Assurance/Performance Improvement (QAPI) Programs.
- Participates in and attends departmental meetings, staff development, and professional programs, as appropriate.
- Credentialed as a Registered Dietitian by the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
- Licensed by the Illinois Licensing Board
- Minimum of one (1) year of long term care and/or senior living community experience preferred.
- Experience with computers and programs including Microsoft Office Suite required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Registered Dietitian: 1 year (Preferred)