Engineers solving real-world problems
At Applied Insight, we leave no stone unturned in solving our customers’ technology challenges. Supporting the Federal Government with the strongest mission focus, our solutions empower people to collaborate more effectively in delivering services vital to the nation. Our unique approach to information technology considers people first. We make it our job to understand our customer’s mission and the user’s reality right from the start, combining technology and process to deliver what customers really need to succeed – from adaptation to innovation – drawing on our long experience of supporting the US Defense, Intelligence and Federal Civilian communities.
A day in the life-- a few of the things you might be doing on any given day:
Our expectation is that you will excel in this role if you:
- Perform technical evaluation of new systems.
- Provide engineering expertise to ensure the effective design, analysis, and development of system modifications supporting UAS operations.
- Assist with the development and documentation of operational capabilities/systems requirements.
- Collaborate with federal, DOD, and industry partners to integrate new sensor/aircraft systems while maintaining system compatibility and interoperability standards.
- Assist with development of Statements of Work, equipment lists, and technical data packages.
- Assist the PMO in monitoring UAS contractor performance.
- Coordinate and review final technical documentation to include specifications engineering reports, maintenance and user manuals.
- Support acquisition planning.
- Perform engineering and logistics planning.
We are looking for a senior, experienced candidate who has the ability to effectively lead collaboration efforts across agency boundaries regarding development/integration of emergent technologies is a key aspect of the role.
What we are expecting from you (i.e. the qualifications you must have):
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Aeronautical/Aerospace Engineering, or Systems Management plus at least 10 years of relevant experience or a Bachelor’s degree in one of the above fields plus 14 years of relevant experience.
- At least 4 years DOD/DHS program experience in engineering and logistics.
- Familiarity with DOD aircraft and mission equipment.
- A Top Secret / Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) Clearance is required for this position.
www.applied-insight.com. EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled.