The Woodbridge Group® a global manufacturer of foam products and just in time assembly & sequencing for diversified products offers innovative urethane and bead foam technologies, to serve the automotive industry and several other business sectors around the globe. Since its inception in 1978, the company has grown to more than 60 facilities throughout North and South America, Europe and Asia Pacific.
The key competitive strength for the Woodbridge Group® continues to revolve around its people and their commitment to improve everything they do. With over 8,000 employees worldwide, The Woodbridge Group® is focused on evolving workplace safety, sustainable environmental stewardship and enduring customer satisfaction, in each of the markets they serve.
Ensure that customer requirements, corporate and Quality Systems are properly understood and implemented in our organization. This position also holds the Management Responsibility and Voice of the Customer duties for the Quality System that our organization is registered to. The Quality Assurance Department reports to this position.
- Primary focus of this position is to cost effectively manage the Quality function to ensure that the customer quality requirements are met.
- Planning and coordination of new product launches, including all phases of Advance Quality Planning, PPAP and IMDS submissions
- Work closely with customers, operating groups and suppliers to resolve quality related issues through effective root cause problem solving techniques, manage and monitor results of the customer’s supplier scorecard
- Develop, implement, and maintain quality procedures and processes in conformance to TS-16949 standard.
- Supervision of quality activities & personnel, including the testing laboratory
- Provide quality related technical advice based off of industry AIAG or customer specific standards to resolve Quality matters and ensure continuous improvement
- Direct customer and vendor surveys to meet required business ratings
- Manage departmental budget in a fiscally prudent manner
- Work closely with all department aid to achieve all business objectives
- Coach/mentor staff to achieve continuous employee development
- Responsible for prudent management of departmental budget including budget preparation and cost control.
- Will be responsible for key elements in the safety leadership program
- Lead the quality audit process.
- Play an essential role in the health & safety audit process
- Bachelors Degree in Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering or Business
- Minimum of five years progressive experience in quality management related functions, or an equivalent combination of education & experience
- A minimum of three years’ experience in Production, Engineering and Quality Systems, including two years of supervisory experience
- Strong business competencies in the following areas: APQP; FMEA's; Statistical analysis; capability studies; SPC; continuous improvement planning; analytical thinking; problem solving; decision-making; customer interface; strong organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal/behavioral competencies in the following areas: Relationship building; team building; employee development; written & oral communication
- Must have lead auditor training
- Ability to travel, as required
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel, Project, Quality Statistical Software)
- Ability to champion selected HS&E elements
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, 5S, and Kaizen
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00 /year
- management: 2 years (Required)
- Quality Assurance: 5 years (Required)