Process Engineer-Biotech (On-site)
AXBIO Inc. is a Silicon Valley startup company developing semiconductor nanotechnology biochips for fast Molecular In-Vitro Diagnostics. Company is well funded and founded by seasonal business and technology experts with broad experience in biotechnology, bioinformatics, IC device development and high-volume semiconductor manufacturing. We are currently seeking a self-motivated and analytical Process Development Engineer to join our integration team testing and developing integrated biochemistry/semiconductors for biosensors applications.
- The process engineer-Biotech works as a key member that sustains, optimizes current processes and continuously develops new processes/method, and conducts verification & validation testing of invitro DNA sequencing instruments;
- Develop and plan Design of Experiments, Gage R&R, and other system analysis experimental designs for system integration, characterization, and engineering testing in order to boost reliability, reproductivity, and throughput, and manages test execution;
- Process Engineer-Biotech will collaborate with Lab Technicians, R&D Engineers, Biomedical, Electrical engineers, Biologists, Data Scientists and Software Engineers to identify, develop, implement, qualify and validate new test methods, procedures, and processes;
- Process Engineer-Biotech should perform troubleshooting on new products/process problems as related to reliability, consistency, and throughput yield;
- Identifies areas for efficiency improvements and takes the appropriate action for implementation;
- Process Engineer-Biotech should design and perform experiments, summarize results, and provide conclusions on R&D projects, Author technical protocols and reports.
Required Qualifications/Skills of Process Engineer-Biotech:
- Master’s Degree in Bioengineering, Chemical Engineering, or related disciplines with 2+ years of experience;
- Familiar with electrical circuits, DNA sequencing, electrochemistry and organic chemistry;
- Experience with process optimization, Design of Experiments, system level analysis, and product verification, etc.;
- Must have demonstrated analytical and problem-solving ability;
- The process development engineer has good hands-on laboratory skills and experienced in experimental design, process/product development as well as troubleshooting;
- Working knowledge of statistical software (e.g., JMP) for data analysis;
- Ability to communicate technically with internal and external collaborators, ability to thrive in a cross-functional, fast-paced start-up environment.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Santa Clara, CA 95054: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Are you familiar with strategies and methods for device/process qualification, functional testing, and failure analysis?
- Do you have experience developing new process and optimize current process of engineering testing and validation?
- Do you have experience with system analysis experimental designs for system integration, characterization, and engineering testing?
- process development work: 2 years (Required)
Work Location: In person